Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

If you think maryville - Oakland or Blackman would have trailed memphis central into the 4th quarter and won 15-12 you need to lay off the Memphis BBQ sauce

Whitehaven will need to be waaaayyyy better to have a shot at any of those teams

That's a big if my friend. .. the two years in a row we went to the championships Blackman or Oakland were not there. .. so if either makes it. We will finally see. But youre rite, I don't know it. More so than that, neither do you pigskin... why don't you guys out east beat Maryville then talk about us. .. out here teams can beat each other any given year, it's just Whitehaven has taken over as top dog. .. when is someone gone beat Maryville since east teams are so much better. ..

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

If you think maryville - Oakland or Blackman would have trailed memphis central into the 4th quarter and won 15-12 you need to lay off the Memphis BBQ sauce

Whitehaven will need to be waaaayyyy better to have a shot at any of those teams

Mayne, tell these teams to get to the Title Game so we can see how tough they are...

If we get there we won't lose... 

You have to still play the games so it will be IF until December and we're actually in there. 

You said that, I didn't

Actually, you did.  You said it will be an 'IF' (a win or loss) until December, but that IF you made it to the championship game, you would not lose.

Some of you have very short memories

No one has put words in your mouth. You address what you want to address and soft shoe dance around what ever else you feel like youmply dont want to address..

There are a number of things that factor into the Gold ball issue. You just elected to triavailize the issues I presented. Truthflly, who says that West TN teams have more athletic teams anyway? There are athletes galore throughout the state. Saying that West Tennessee teams are always or mostly more athletic isn't necessariy accurate. But, that's another point entirely.

This is my point. Currently, gold balls are going to Maryville, Alcoa, and recently Fulton. That's a tribute to the coaching staffs and the communities behind them. The fact that those teams are in East TN doesn't mean that EAST tennessee football is dominant. THOSE programs are because of the current coaching staffs that are there. IF this were an EAST Tennessee thing ... then it wouldn't JUST be Alcoa, and Maryville dominating,m it would alternate between east TN high schools. Those coaching staffs just happen to be at high schools located in the East part of the state. If GQ were at Brighton, and Rankin were located at Munford ... then THOSE programs would be dominant ... and they would just happen to be located in the west. It's not a EAST Tennessee High School football is better then the Middle of West issue. Maryville and Alcoa are dominant. Not the EAST, even though the east part of the state just loves to jump on their bandwagon and lay claim to it.

Then people like you come on here and claim that EAST Tennessee is dominanting and proclaiming that Maryville and Alcoa are going to win it every year and as a result, much to the shagrin of the fans of those schools who have to temper expectations; but according to your logic ... EAST Tennessee football is king.

No ... currently, Maryville, Alcoa,and Fulton are dominant ... not East high school football. It's cyclicle. It just so happens that the best high school football coach to walk the sidelines of a high school happended to settle in Maryville. All of east TN is riding his coat tail.

I stated that coaching, scheming, play calling, and discipline (I forgot leadership) combined with athleticism is why teams in the east were winning more often. Then you quickly decided to write a novel on discipline and the fact that I mentioned it. I named 4 factors, and you decided to only address one of them and "dance around" the other things I discussed. Do I need to copy and paste my own quotes for the 2nd time?? I can even quote your book on discipline if necessary.

Oh and you forgot to mention Knox Webb, Greeneville, CAK, etc (i'm sure i'm forgetting others) for each winning multiple championships in the past few years

I stated that coaching, scheming, play calling, and discipline (I forgot leadership) combined with athleticism is why teams in the east were winning more often. Then you quickly decided to write a novel on discipline and the fact that I mentioned it. I named 4 factors, and you decided to only address one of them and "dance around" the other things I discussed. Do I need to copy and paste my own quotes for the 2nd time?? I can even quote your book on discipline if necessary.

Oh and you forgot to mention Knox Webb, Greeneville, CAK, etc (i'm sure i'm forgetting others) for each winning multiple championships in the past few years

You are right. Coaching, scheming, play calling, discipline, and leadership are all exuded, taught, and implemented better and more succinctly from the east side of the state then middle or west Tennessee. It's why multiple championships have gone to the schools mentioned more so in the past few years. The programs on the west and middle part of the state will just have to catch up.

:mrgreen:

You are right. Coaching, scheming, play calling, discipline, and leadership are all exuded, taught, and implemented better and more succinctly from the east side of the state then middle or west Tennessee. It's why multiple championships have gone to the schools mentioned more so in the past few years. The programs on the west and middle part of the state will just have to catch up.

:mrgreen:

Nope, just at a few schools ;)

And I was discussing the difference between the east and the west