What do y'all think about this possible in 2015 3-1A region

BigDave1967

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to completely split them. They could then have 4 or 5 public classes. 1A-4/5A and they need 3 private classes. 1A, 2A, 3A

Were on the same page and I'm sure the majority would agree, but the TSSAA is not interested in making things sorta fair,they just want the money. Little people don't make big rules.Its the way of the world, people with money makes the rules for the rest of us. Its sorta like all these stupid wars we get involved in, the wealthy people sends the poor to do the dirty work.

Just throwing this out, I haven't heard or read anything on it-but if there is no total split (as there should be), would anyone else be willing to compromise with a 2.0 multiplier for non-aid schools and 2.5 multiplier for aid schools (Franklin Road Academy, Baylor, Ensworth etc). If they don't want to do a total split for whatever reason, fear of all private schools forming their own league, lawsuits, whatever, as I said before the large public schools should have to be facing the Ensworths or at least be fighting for the same postseason championships. This would make scheduling easier with more teams, and there could easily be 5 classes without as much travel problems as the current 5 class would be. You could probably throw out the "Top 32" idea too since MBA, Brentwood Academy and the like would either be classified at the top with multipliers or choose to move up on their own to the top (hopefully).

Edited by Indian

It would be a 171 mile(3 hour drive) drive from Copper Basin to Fayetteville :o  :o

Exactly!  I pointed this out a few months back.  Plus, Fayatteville would be driving past Huntland etc. to get there.  Huntland is one of the closest 1a schools to South Pittsburg and they have never played in football neither in the regular season nor in the playoffs.  The only closer 1a schools are Lookout Valley and Whitwell (when they were in 1a).  

Edited by rlh