The Ridge (OR) @ Gibbs

SweetScience

Saul, we have two of our first three backs out tonite.  #6 has a knee, but could still play, not sure how bad he is hurt or what the trainer has determined.  He said he has pain but he's not limping and he wants to play.  I say if you're too hurt to practice, then you're too hurt to play.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.  I'm looking forward to seeing Simpson and Hardy, they are fast, but neither one of them is a between the tackles physical type runner.  Tonite will be interesting.  Cats face their first adversity, how will they respond?   

Catswild, maybe tonite we will finally have a back with the speed to take one all the way. 

Edited by ORidgeKat

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpson is a Freshmen. Wish I could go, but I have to work tonight. Gaddis has been raving about him all year long, but making that jump from Frosh/JV games to varsity play against a good D is a huge leap. I'll be interested to see how we do. Get Tee and Darel even more involved in this game. Gibbs has a pretty stout D and their O is time consuming and will try to keep our offense off the field as long as possible. 

Saul, we have two of our first three backs out tonite. #6 has a knee, but could still play, not sure how bad he is hurt or what the trainer has determined. He said he has pain but he's not limping and he wants to play. I say if you're too hurt to practice, then you're too hurt to play. Guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to seeing Simpson and Hardy, they are fast, but neither one of them is a between the tackles physical type runner. Tonite will be interesting. Cats face their first adversity, how will they respond?

Catswild, maybe tonite we will finally have a back with the speed to take one all the way.

If 15 starts, then we do!!!!

Against Gibbs the OR Offense will be fine even without the starting RB's, their defense gambles a lot up front with all the shifting they do, they will come free every now and then just on luck but a lot of times if the offense is just patient you will hit holes where there are no defenders in sight because they have shifted themselves out of the gap.  If you ran the ball in the same hole 3 times, it may get stuffed once or maybe even twice, but one of the 3 will be a 15 yard gain, I think they do this because they are undermaned up front and are trying to compensate for it, they have 1 real good defender up front, but the rest are pretty average and they have absolutely no one to cover Tee or middleton (not many do), but I do not think they can collectively as a group, big mismatch there, OR should be fine