Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

To be honest, I haven't had a problem with the officiating in any if our games this year, and tonight's wasn't necessarily horrible, I just saw a few calls that made me scratch my head, and for both teams mind you.

Oh, I totally agree both teams had questionable calls.

The roughing the passer and unsportsmanlike sequence was actually correct in the way they handled it. The unsportsmanlike penalty was a dead ball after the play penalty so it would not offset the roughing the passer penalty. I was a little confused as to why it was 1st and 10 and not 1st and 25 though. That has always confused me though, and it didn't upset me that it wasn't 1st and 25, 😃😃

I would like the opinions of the HC fans as to how the Jackets compare to Kenwood and Rossview, if anyone would care to share with us. I have seen the film of their games with Henry County but want the opinion of the people who have seen all three in person.

Does anyone know how long the Rossview QB is out for or is he back playing again?

I was trying to figure that out too. That should have been offsetting, correct? Can't think of any other legit answer unless the TSSAA has some twisted rule in which one of them over rides the other lol.

This call was correct even tho had the penalty not occurred, it would have been 4th and 25 for Springfield. The fact is, the referee (white hat) called roughing the passer (cough, cough) and after the play was over, there was a dead ball foul against 51 (Springfield) for unsportsmanlike conduct. Therefore, the officials marked off the roughing the passer yardage (which is an automatic 1st down) then marked off the yardage for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball back to the last play's original line of scrimmage where it became 1st and 10......but I've yet to see the roughing the passer infraction.....

Edited by QBClubPrez

Great game tonight from both sides, the "passer" portion of the 2-QB system missing hurt some but the Jackets fought the entire 4 quarters and even had an opportunity to win it in the last couple minutes and I can live w/ that effort.....

The call to go for 2 was the right call, they didnt want to put the ball on the 10 and go head to head w/ HC the way they were running the ball.....

Judging by some of the predictions I am assuming most people based it off of how the Jackets played the last few years and maybe 1 or 2 were just bitter b/c they were thrashing the Clarksville teams which we will they back to next week.....

I would like the opinions of the HC fans as to how the Jackets compare to Kenwood and Rossview, if anyone would care to share with us. I have seen the film of their games with Henry County but want the opinion of the people who have seen all three in person.

Does anyone know how long the Rossview QB is out for or is he back playing again?

Don't know how to compare you head to head with them. I do know we gave you what we got and it was barely enough. Play like that every Friday and it won't matter.

Tell 'em to bring it.

I wasn't taunting Drew when on his message board I put "Bring it BIG RED" I merely meant I wanted the Pats to have to play hard the whole game (and I pretty much feel The BIG RED had to do that).  We are one year removed from Coach Counce playing his JV the whole second half, with a running clock, against us.  The Jackets played "the Best" and we gave our best and we lost by one.  I AM VERY PROUD of what Coach Wilson has done.  I will admit that last year I had my doubts with what he was doing and I WAS WRONG and I will gladly admit it.  He is teaching these young men how to act, conduct themselves in a team setting and all the while play the wonderful game of football and we are now winning our share of games.  What more can an old man like me want to see?  I am busting with pride for our team over last night. We can hold our heads high and know that we beat "The Best" for a half of football and when we got down we never, ever quit.  Coach Wilson has this team miles down the road away from where we were.  I am hoping for no let downs after last night.  The atmosphere was energized and when i got home I was physically and emotionally drained (and all i did was watch).  So now let's beat these last three next Clarksville teams and get us a playoff win.

Edited by TheCommissioner

Great game tonight from both sides, the "passer" portion of the 2-QB system missing hurt some but the Jackets fought the entire 4 quarters and even had an opportunity to win it in the last couple minutes and I can live w/ that effort.....

The call to go for 2 was the right call, they didnt want to put the ball on the 10 and go head to head w/ HC the way they were running the ball.....

Judging by some of the predictions I am assuming most people based it off of how the Jackets played the last few years and maybe 1 or 2 were just bitter b/c they were thrashing the Clarksville teams which we will they back to next week.....

I could be wrong (admittedly I am no football expert) but I felt not having Evan hurt us more on defense than offense.  Granted when Evan is QB we are able to run the Jet with Timmie and we didn't run that once play last night.  He would have helped not sure if he would have been the difference maker but he most certainly would have helped.  I would rather lose though than play him and risk him getting hurt more.  

Edited by TheCommissioner