7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

I would love to hear what happened too! Sounds like one heck of a comeback!

Clarkrange led 52-46 and JC's #24 was fouled on a three-point attempt with 11 seconds remaining. #24 made all three free throw attempts to cut it to 52-49. On the third free throw attempt, #10 from Clarkrange and #21 from JC got tangled up on the box out. #10 slung #21 across the lane and was called for a technical foul. #24 from JC made one of two on the technicals to cut it to 52-50. # 24 then made a jumper just inside the three point line to tie the game at 52. Clarkrange called timeout with 1.9 seconds on the clock. Clarkrange tried to baseball the ball down the court and threw the ball out of bounds. It was not touched so JC got the ball underneath their own basket with 1.9 seconds. The Clarkrange defenders turned their back to the inbounder so JC's #10 threw the ball off a Clarkrange defender's back and stepped in to make the layup for a 54-52 win.

First of all I'd like to say I live in Celina. I am a Clay County fan first but am a 7a fan as well. I went to Livingston to watch Clay but stayed for the JC/Crange game. Between the clock keeper not starting the clock so JC had more time, #21 being allowed to do WHATEVER he wanted which includes pushing, elbowing, whining to refs, cussing Crange players, etc, refs calling a technical for no reason on Crange, letting JC foul, travel, etc....Crange didn't have a chance. This game was decided before they got there. Last night it was shining lights in PC girls eyes and chanting inappropriate things. Crange was robbed of this game and everybody knows it. Again I'm a Clay County resident so this is an unbiased opinion. If you don't win fair you don't win

Well you're way out of line on this post.  How do you know he was cussing anyone?  If you're going to get on here and spout lies about an individual athlete then you don't need to get back on here in my opinion!!!  How can you say the game was decided before it started?  Do you know what the foul count was before the last 11.3 seconds to go in the game?  I'll tell you what it was 15 fouls called against Jackson County and 3 fouls called against Clarkrange!  Now you tell me how the ref's favored Jackson County? I've seen the video on the technical foul have you?  Now i have no clue why the young man took a swing at Hall but he did and when it didn't connect he grabbed him around the head and slung him around.  The ref's had no choice but to blow the whistle and call the foul.  Furthermore it was NOT a player or a fan from Jackson Co. that was shining a light at the Pickett Co. girls as a matter of fact it was someone that is not even from District 7A so thats ANOTHER lie you have just told!!!  For you to get on here and put down a young man that plays hard for his team is asinine!  My advice is to keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts and don't attack kids that play the game!  Unbiased?  No i think not

Edited by UCSportsFan

I won't be posting anymore for awhile or attending anymore games this season I am sad to say. Im having some medical problems and am taking treatments. I'm disappointed this was the last game I got to see. Its really left a bad taste in my mouth. This season of basketball has been the worst called games I have saw in 20 years but to let players get away with what their getting by with and the refs decide so many games instead of the players is mind bogglingly to me. Shame on you TSSAA for not doing something. Good luck to Clay and Crange next week...the real winners tonight.

I for one am glad you won't be posting your lies!  I noticed you didn't mention the 15-3 foul count against Jackson County, why is that?  You say you're not biased but i disagree, you're very biased when it comes to Jackson County.  I've cheered for both Clay and Jackson County and still do but when an individual decides to cross the line like you have and attack a young athlete that plays the game that's unacceptable!  The "real" winners as you call it are the kids that play the game and give their all for their home town teams, you on the other hand are a real LOSER in my opinion and a disgrace to the team you claim to represent.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

Clarkrange led 52-46 and JC's #24 was fouled on a three-point attempt with 11 seconds remaining. #24 made all three free throw attempts to cut it to 52-49. On the third free throw attempt, #10 from Clarkrange and #21 from JC got tangled up on the box out. #10 slung #21 across the lane and was called for a technical foul. #24 from JC made one of two on the technicals to cut it to 52-50. # 24 then made a jumper just inside the three point line to tie the game at 52. Clarkrange called timeout with 1.9 seconds on the clock. Clarkrange tried to baseball the ball down the court and threw the ball out of bounds. It was not touched so JC got the ball underneath their own basket with 1.9 seconds. The Clarkrange defenders turned their back to the inbounder so JC's #10 threw the ball off a Clarkrange defender's back and stepped in to make the layup for a 54-52 win.

Good description! I never thought I would see a team ahead by 6 with 11.8 seconds lose. Clarkrange had to work hard to lose. Why would they try to throw the ball down like that when they had 2 players all along 15' from the ball and JC not defending as to not foul? I didn't see any huge shove though. In the Clay PC game Endicott shoved Gibson to the floor right in front of the refs and nothing was called. Ferrell would get knocked to the floor and nothing would be called. They wouldn't have won, but the officiating was terrible. IPC has been just awful in the 1st half of the last 2 games against Clay Co, but only were outscored by 3 in the second half and the subs only played a couple of minutes. In Friday's game the PC starters outscored Clay Co by 8 in the 2nd half, before the subs came in. How do they play so badly and then play with them the next half? Clay Co. didn't let up. PC had a lot of threes in the 2nd half. This is the same PC team which lost to #4 AAA White Co by 2 and 4.

This year has been horrible for officiating. The "Showboat" ref, who thinks everyone is there to see him carry on, should be banned for life. He is the worst ref I have ever seen! Every game he decides who will win in a close game. 

You did not watch Key play Eldridge in a play day the only time Clay has played Livingston was this year and Eldridge was still playing football. Key has never played against him in High school.

Both are great players but hard to compare because one is a post one a point guard. They would never guard each other in a agame. These are two of the best. Any coach would want either one.

Good description! I never thought I would see a team ahead by 6 with 11.8 seconds lose. Clarkrange had to work hard to lose. Why would they try to throw the ball down like that when they had 2 players all along 15' from the ball and JC not defending as to not foul? I didn't see any huge shove though. In the Clay PC game Endicott shoved Gibson to the floor right in front of the refs and nothing was called. Ferrell would get knocked to the floor and nothing would be called. They wouldn't have won, but the officiating was terrible. IPC has been just awful in the 1st half of the last 2 games against Clay Co, but only were outscored by 3 in the second half and the subs only played a couple of minutes. In Friday's game the PC starters outscored Clay Co by 8 in the 2nd half, before the subs came in. How do they play so badly and then play with them the next half? Clay Co. didn't let up. PC had a lot of threes in the 2nd half. This is the same PC team which lost to #4 AAA White Co by 2 and 4.

This year has been horrible for officiating. The "Showboat" ref, who thinks everyone is there to see him carry on, should be banned for life. He is the worst ref I have ever seen! Every game he decides who will win in a close game. 

If you want to see a bad call watch the charge call against the Jackson County girls in the 3rd overtime!  I've seen the video, i said it was a bad call then and its the worst call of the tournament by far!!!  The PC player never gets set she slides underneath the Jackson County player who made the basket and had she made the free throw it would have put JC up by one.  At the worst the game is tied.  Its a horrible call and one that helped decide the outcome of the game in this case.  So PC has gotten its share of calls this year.  We expect the ref's to be perfect and thats just not going to be the case.  They make mistakes just like the players and coaches do so its part of the game and if you feel you can do a better job then my advice is go to camp this coming summer and get a whistle like i'm going to do!

.   :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan