7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

7A has some decent players this year but the bench decorum has been terrible. There is a certain coach on the girls side in 7A that better be ready for a "wake up call" after the Christmas break. His attitude toward the officials will stop - I can promise you that.

I know this is not about Jim Brown, he is very reserved toward the officials. I haven't seen him get a T in 10 years or so.

Jackson County rolled over Monterey last night 71-44.  On the Crange thing, its amazing how much better a coach can be when he gets his best player back.  Coach Pyle does a good job up there and always has, but when you have really good players out of the line up its hard to compete.  I think  you'll see a different team going forward for them.  So all you people that have been bashing him on here make sure you give him credit for going into a tough place like Pickett Co. and winning a game!!!

Great post SportsFan. I agree Pyle is a good coach. The PG being back has obviously made a big difference in this team. Lead a triple A school most of the game losing by 1 then beat a good PC team at home. A different team than I saw here at Clay. They got some good players and you wouldn't think one player would make that much difference but the leadership and ball movement from this PG is a game changer for the buffs. Dropped 26 on Pickett only second game back. Very impressive.

Jackson County rolled over Monterey last night 71-44.  On the Crange thing, its amazing how much better a coach can be when he gets his best player back.  Coach Pyle does a good job up there and always has, but when you have really good players out of the line up its hard to compete.  I think  you'll see a different team going forward for them.  So all you people that have been bashing him on here make sure you give him credit for going into a tough place like Pickett Co. and winning a game!!!

Not bashing coach Pyle, if I were you would still be reading the post because it would be an 11 year novel. Thank you!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.
    • What is the hold up here? I have not heard anything in weeks. Are they waiting for the right person or is something else going on?
    • Per usual, we'll be hard to beat in the regular season, I'm sure. It's the post season that I'm more worried about, specifically the coaches. Maybe they'll be able to make some adjustments that will keep the momentum in our favor. How's Grays recovery coming along?
    • Something don’t add up here a college coach is not going to turn away a good player they need just because they didn’t get along with their high school coach 
    • RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.