DB vs Boone

BatmanDB

This is just my opinion on what we need to do on defense and every position on the field.I'll throw out plenty to dispute.We need more guys helping at a younger age {middle school} that know the game and can break each position down with those players.I think the middle school coaches do well but they are just to thin with the time they have.I watched the 9th grade coaches talk all week about different

things and darned if we still didn't make those mistakes in the game.Same thing on the varsity .In other words,our coaches shouldn't have to teach football 101 at this level.If your a defensive back and are running down field with a receiver and that's your job ""forget"" everything and take care of your job until you 100% know it's time to break off of him.Don't stand there reading the QB while they run past you for goodness sakes.LB's have to make a split second read and either get to a spot for the run or back into that area that takes away many passing options.It always starts up front on both sides and so many plays are screwed up by linemen not doing their jobs because they think it's a two or three step play and can watch or half azz run around looking busy.Simple,on defense or offense,everyone should be moving until the whistle.Last and as I have said a 1000 times,we need to be stronger or you can forget going deep into the playoffs.That's something that also needs to start with our younger guys.Just my thoughts after not much sleep on the graveyards

You Sir are 100% correct. The first 100% correct post of the year. You should post more after graveyard. What you just described is where Maryville is kicking everybody's butts.

This is just my opinion on what we need to do on defense and every position on the field.I'll throw out plenty to dispute.We need more guys helping at a younger age {middle school} that know the game and can break each position down with those players.I think the middle school coaches do well but they are just to thin with the time they have.I watched the 9th grade coaches talk all week about different

things and darned if we still didn't make those mistakes in the game.Same thing on the varsity .In other words,our coaches shouldn't have to teach football 101 at this level.If your a defensive back and are running down field with a receiver and that's your job ""forget"" everything and take care of your job until you 100% know it's time to break off of him.Don't stand there reading the QB while they run past you for goodness sakes.LB's have to make a split second read and either get to a spot for the run or back into that area that takes away many passing options.It always starts up front on both sides and so many plays are screwed up by linemen not doing their jobs because they think it's a two or three step play and can watch or half azz run around looking busy.Simple,on defense or offense,everyone should be moving until the whistle.Last and as I have said a 1000 times,we need to be stronger or you can forget going deep into the playoffs.That's something that also needs to start with our younger guys.Just my thoughts after not much sleep on the graveyards

"I watched the 9th grade coaches talk all week about different things and darned if we still didn't make those mistakes in the game". 

They even said it in the huddle before the last play of the half. !

Edited by DBIndianKMA

Boone should pass every play. Pass to the RB out of the backfield. We haven't stopped it yet. Its coaçhing. Were out of position. Seems like we coach to allow short yards not to give up the deep pass. Man up!!! Tenn High will give us fits and S Hill will blow up the scoreboard. So 8-2 if were lucky and maybe 7-3. Just honesty. Oh, and then the playoffs. ROLL TRIBE

I'm not quite sure any of you realize just how bad Boone is. I've seen them play twice this season and they're awful. No disrespect to blazer and the other Boone fans here but they're terrible this year.

Oh, we know. This district is full of them. Only three teams worth anything. And one is not consistent.

I'm not quite sure any of you realize just how bad Boone is. I've seen them play twice this season and they're awful. No disrespect to blazer and the other Boone fans here but they're terrible this year.

Right on.       We just do not have the athletes to stay on the field with anyone other than Central, Volunteer, etc.        DB could just make up plays on the fly in the huddle and still win this one.     Our guys are trying but you know sometimes you have lots of horses in the barn and sometimes ya don't....

DB guys - if Boone gets the ball first we will move it pretty effectively, good mix of pass and run, a different RB carrying the ball on each play, etc.      Some of you will start getting nervous but    DO  NOT  PANIC, this is Boone's MO this year.    After a couple of 1st downs your defense is looking very bad, but then we will punt and the self-destruction will set in on the next series.

Also, quite frequently we snap the ball over the QB's head out of the shotgun.     This may look like a mishap to the average fan but you're wrong, it is a designed play to catch the defense off guard.    Watch for that special play during the 2nd or 3rd series

Finally, is it really going to rain all night tomorrow?     See you'uns @ the game

Heard Boone cancelled next mondays second game with our jv and is going to just play them all against our 9th graders. That just leaves SH and TH as the only true 9th grade teams in NET that will have played us straight up if TH does it.In my opinion, local teams that could have played us with 9TH graders alone but didn't, are helping us and doing a disservice to their players. SH has had a great 9th grade season and I can't believe they were good enough to beat that Greeneville jv bunch.I just hope Boone doesn't do like their cross county friends and not play 9th graders at all.I do understand some like Volunteer didn't have enough to play but I can't believe a program like the Devils can no longer field a true freshman team.

Guest footballfan100

thanks for the compliment Batman..much appreciated. Science Hill 9th is pretty good this year i agree..you guys are just a little better!  Tob be honest, we are just a little to much one dimensional, as our qb likes to run it a little to often and good teams realize that.  maybe we should just play each other 4 times a year..whatcha think?  seems like u guys have 2 qbs, how about loaning us one of them (wink wink).  i like your coaching staff as im sure they didnt tell your corners to let our guys behing them on pass plays especially the last play of the half. i think we shohuldve passed a little more based on the fact that i felt we had an advantage at times on the corners, but our qb kept keeping it and running it.  i thought your qb kept it when needed and had some nice runs and threw it when the occasion called for it!  made you guys hard to defend unfortunately.  Also thought that the qb ran the offense really well with #20 and #21 in the backfield, because it gave u 3 possible runners and a good passer also.  On our side, our backfield is good, but like i said, a little predictable but good enough to beat most teams we play.  As for beating Greenville jv, i think Coach Stacy Carter heard about your alls game with Greeneville and decided that the same thing wasnt happening to the Hill.  Sucks going to a gun fight with a knife and he wasnt going to allow that if you know what i mean!!  i guess someone sent him a "Bat signal" in the sky and passed on some info on your teams game vs them!!! Best of luck to you guys the rest of the year and tell your team congrats on beating us twice this year, but we try to pay ya back next year!!  (and dont tell our fans that im giving you guys compliments hahahahaha)