DB vs Boone

BatmanDB

7-3 regular season on the horizon it appears.  DB coaching.  DOA defensive Coord.  Loss of good players.  Appears that THS is either much better than most thought or SH blew it tonight, or both.  Bad omens.

TN High is better than what many think. They played Elizabethton and SH very tough. They're a good team and came in with a great game plan against the Toppers tonight. Hats off to them. With that said, SH was totally off tonight. They looked completely unprepared and that's nothing but bad coaching.

Edited by Aussie2TN

I agree its just a circle of friends and politics !! Tired of alot of crap .. just have faith in the kids and coach them correctly !!

I left at halftime because these coaches didn't prepare these kids for this game,maybe cause they took this game for granted. Another thing I didn't like was the defensive coordinator berating a player on the sideline and yelling in his face in front of the home crowd,this is after he rips up his defensive play sheet and throws it in the trashcan. He is the problem and if I was that kids father I would be in front of Coach Clark and be in his face like what happen with his son and find out why he lets crap like that go on. I have took up for this coaching staff in the past but now Im starting to see that undefeated or one loss regular seasons is all they strive for and nothing else.

We looked unstoppable at first and that was with a flag every time we had a descent play.Lost our QB early and had three turnovers deep on our own end.Had we been playing a good team, any one of these three things would have been very bad.Instead of building more buildings, maybe we need to make a donation to the TSSAA to send a crew from BFE to ref our games from now on.

Something needs to change bad !! Its same ole crap .... coaches have failed at prepairing these kids year after year and teaching them how to HOLD is getting old ! Sometimes i feel as if their are better kids on that sideline that would do everything right but because of politics they just cant plaY because someone might get their feelings hurt !!

7-3 regular season on the horizon it appears.  DB coaching.  DOA defensive Coord.  Loss of good players.  Appears that THS is either much better than most thought or SH blew it tonight, or both.  Bad omens.

No, 8-2 with your only other loss coming to the Hill.     I thought you guys played a tough schedule but I only see one quality win (vs. Sevier County), maybe that's not right, but here are the wins:

Farragut (1-5)

East Hamilton (1-5)

Volunteer (2-4)

Sevier County (4-2)

Crockett (4-3)

Boone (3-3)

You still easily make the playoffs, so heads up, all is not lost......

As I've said before, TH is no guarantee. I can't remember the last time DB didn't make the playoffs. That's not what pizzes the fans off, it's the playoffs when we get there.I don't know why they went with Josh, but he made some great runs and that one pass was a thing of beauty. Cole had a really nice pass for around 50 yards at the end.It changes everthing when a new QB goes in,the timing on passes as well as with handoffs and just the flow of the game.That could have had something to do with the interception and those fumbles .Just have to see the film and make corrections, because turnovers will kill you in a football game.

No, 8-2 with your only other loss coming to the Hill.     I thought you guys played a tough schedule but I only see one quality win (vs. Sevier County), maybe that's not right, but here are the wins:

Farragut (1-5)

East Hamilton (1-5)

Volunteer (2-4)

Sevier County (4-2)

Crockett (4-3)

Boone (3-3)

You still easily make the playoffs, so heads up, all is not lost......

To put it in perspective. One win over a good (not great) team. One loss to a good (not great) team. That's a wash. Nobody else on the schedule so far is worth considering but yeah I know it counts. TH & SH are both good but (not great) teams left on the schedule. I wouldn't favor DB in either game but anything can happen. Six games into the season now so calling DB a young team just don't cut it anymore. Last night 4 fumbles and 11 penalties. Is it coaching? The players? Same thing every year, pick a year. Different players every year. Same coaches. So it's either coaching or there's something in the water in Kingsport. I'll make a prediction, If the D.C. stays something bad is going to happen. The A.D. needs to get his head out of his a_ _.

Going to that other thing I read.Things have changed a lot since many of us played sports.Some for the better and some maybe not.To put the times in perspective, The bad news bears from 1976 was on tv last night when I got home.That wasn't far off from the way some coaches were back then.You were a #! $ if you wanted a drink of water.Kids are softer now days and we only have ourselves to blame.It wasn't anything to get your behind beat with a switch, belt or whatever at home.You knew when you got caught, no amount of pleading was going to save that backside.Some coaches went to far then as did some parents but now some kids think they can curse teachers, coaches as well as mom and dad without worry.It's a different time and the coaches and parents have to do what they think is right and let the system make the call.I wouldn't want to be a teacher or a coach because dealing with other people's kids would be a nightmare in some cases. I don't know what has taken place with all that I'm reading, but I hope it works out for everyone involved.better clean that up as well

Edited by BatmanDB