Page @ Giles

WiseOldManGiles

Do we need to win 2 out of 3 to make the playoffs? Ensworth or Marshall County.

If we take care of Spring Hill & Marshall we're in. A loss to either puts us behind the 8 ball. It would depend on everybody else's W/L record and the success of the teams they played against. (bad rule).  If we get in it would be a snag stretched out deep in the coffin corner..... :ugeek:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

Congratulations to the Page Patriots on a win last night in the Brickyard. It was a gutsy call for the Page coaches to go for 2 in OT. Good luck on the rest of the season. :ugeek:

A game of two half's it was. Again Giles failed to get out of the starting gate at the whistle. The execution & the intensity just wasn't there. As for the second half the Bobcats showed the team that is expected. They shut Page out and played with intensity. I am hoping that same level will carry over into this week and the remainder of the season.

Now a few of you can continue to bash away at this team. As for me I have only "Rose colored Glasses" because win or lose I will support the principal, teachers, coaches, staff, & players at GCHS. I expect us to win every game. That includes the remaining three this year...... :thumb:

Congratulations to the Page Patriots on a win last night in the Brickyard. It was a gutsy call for the Page coaches to go for 2 in OT. Good luck on the rest of the season. :ugeek:

A game of two half's it was. Again Giles failed to get out of the starting gate at the whistle. The execution & the intensity just wasn't there. As for the second half the Bobcats showed the team that is expected. They shut Page out and played with intensity. I am hoping that same level will carry over into this week and the remainder of the season.

Now a few of you can continue to bash away at this team. As for me I have only "Rose colored Glasses" because win or lose I will support the principal, teachers, coaches, staff, & players at GCHS. I expect us to win every game. That includes the remaining three this year...... :thumb:

ðŸ‘

Midway thru the 4th, looked like we found the heart we've been needing to find. As a player and coach, you may inherit a jersey or a program but you don't inherit drive and a fire to own every play. Sometimes the fans can get you up, sometimes a play call, but the only thing that can do it every play is the fire each coach and player lights inside themselves.

The season so far is what it is, every player and coach on every play is a link in a chain, having that fire drive and commitment strengthens the chain to every link/player/coach to the point they know every play, their link won't be the one that breaks.

This is my take on last night, the team, and this season:

Chin Up Boys!! You have nothing to be ashamed of. You may not win

every game every time, but you never give up, you fight til the end, and that says alot about your love for the game. My family & I stand behind yall 100%. We will always be loud and proud on Friday Nights!!

The only people who should be ashamed are the fans who have given up on the Bobcats. There are worse fates than not having a football post season, its just a game!! Yes its fun to win and talk smack, and back it up, but no team is perfect all the time. We might not get it this year, but there is alot of talent and heart on that sideline and at the feeder school, we will be on top again!

As for the coaches, they need our support just as much as the players. Personal opinions of the coaching staff aside, if we give up on them they will give up on the team and community, and no one wants that, THAT my friends is what makes a losing season.

So Giles County, lets rally back behind these boys and coaches and be Bobcat Proud!!

This is my take on last night, the team, and this season:

Chin Up Boys!! You have nothing to be ashamed of. You may not win

every game every time, but you never give up, you fight til the end, and that says alot about your love for the game. My family & I stand behind yall 100%. We will always be loud and proud on Friday Nights!!

The only people who should be ashamed are the fans who have given up on the Bobcats. There are worse fates than not having a football post season, its just a game!! Yes its fun to win and talk smack, and back it up, but no team is perfect all the time. We might not get it this year, but there is alot of talent and heart on that sideline and at the feeder school, we will be on top again!

As for the coaches, they need our support just as much as the players. Personal opinions of the coaching staff aside, if we give up on them they will give up on the team and community, and no one wants that, THAT my friends is what makes a losing season.

So Giles County, lets rally back behind these boys and coaches and be Bobcat Proud!!

😊ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

It is about time someone steps up and takes responsibility for this football team and I'm not saying it is our boys. Our boys played their hearts out and left nothing on the field. My heart breaks for these boys. We had several chances to win the game, but POOR play calling lost the ball game. Each week the stands become more empty. The GCHS Bobcats deserve better. We stand behind our boys and love each one of them like they are our own. You see little excitement from the coaches. It is the coaches job and responsibility to get our boys ready for Friday night's. So, being said that Coach Smith is the head coach it is his job to get his staff ready to coach our boys. We have to much talent on this squad to let it go to waste. Last, I would like to let our boys know we love them, support them and will have their backs. GCHS for LIFE

What I recognized was a lack of heart last night. It seems to me after the CPA game our boys just do not seem to have the desire we've (they've) had the past eight years. I agree with the earlier poster that the coaches need to inhibit "fire" with our guys and that is what they are lacking. I saw lack of effort and not giving everything on some plays. Practices have beeb dismal with lack of enthousiasm and intensity and we must get that back! We are definately a better team than what we have been playing as. I wonder if the kids are burned out from last year? Hats off to 15 from the Pats. That young man is gifted and talented and is a good ball player!