Page @ Giles

WiseOldManGiles

I don't think Coach Smith realizes his expectations are to Coach the Bobcats. We are not going to settle for a losing system and not pack Sam Davis Stadium. We love the game and our boys. Wake up Giles County it is time to turn this ship in the right direction before we sink.

What I recognized was a lack of heart last night. It seems to me after the CPA game our boys just do not seem to have the desire we've (they've) had the past eight years. I agree with the earlier poster that the coaches need to inhibit "fire" with our guys and that is what they are lacking. I saw lack of effort and not giving everything on some plays. Practices have beeb dismal with lack of enthousiasm and intensity and we must get that back! We are definately a better team than what we have been playing as. I wonder if the kids are burned out from last year? Hats off to 15 from the Pats. That young man is gifted and talented and is a good ball player!

+1

I don't think Coach Smith realizes his expectations are to Coach the Bobcats. We are not going to settle for a losing system and not pack Sam Davis Stadium. We love the game and our boys. Wake up Giles County it is time to turn this ship in the right direction before we sink.

:thumb:

Give credit where credit is due, they're 4-2.

:thumb:

Expectations for this team are way to high. Few good skill players but line is slow and not very talented. Page is a good team so give them some credit.

Let me start by saying, Page is not a good team. Give credit where credit is due is exactly what I am going to do. I hate to sit in the stands and listen to you people. Everyone want to blame the loss on Walt and his play calling, or GC just don't have any talent, or the other team was good. That is a load of garbage.

First off, the teams we are playing are not as good as teams we have played in the past, and blowed out. Second, GC has as much talent this year if not more than normal. Third, the play calling is not killing us. I don't always agree with it, but it is not the problem. The problem is everything that leads up to the play calling on Friday night.

You talk about talent from the past. Last year we had a bunch of kids that had worked there butt off for three years. Did not matter who was the coach, they were ready to play football. This year we are reaping the rewards of what we have not done the last two years. We have not really hit the weight. We have not worked with qb's and recievers, We have not really had a speed school. We are NOT IN SHAPE. We do not run, We do not condition. We have no discipline. It is too late to change anything this year. We need to change things for next year, and the years following.

Somebody on here the other day, said MC is so good, and GC is so bad. All of that took place in one year. Yes, it did. MC has always had talent, Now they have a coach. That is the difference. GC has just as much talent.

• Upvote 1

Page is good! I saw that with my own eyes! 15 was a stud on both sides of the ball and 55 or 56 their left tackle was a hoss. They played position and technique Friday night. We didn't. For us, it was as if everybody was waiting for someone else to make they plays and not till the end of regulation did our guys start stepping up! The one recurring theme all year is how our guys come out and begin every game flat! That has to change. I do agree with the off season conditioning and drills. But, it seems to me, our boys are burned out on football.

Page is good! I saw that with my own eyes! 15 was a stud on both sides of the ball and 55 or 56 their left tackle was a hoss. They played position and technique Friday night. We didn't. For us, it was as if everybody was waiting for someone else to make they plays and not till the end of regulation did our guys start stepping up! The one recurring theme all year is how our guys come out and begin every game flat! That has to change. I do agree with the off season conditioning and drills. But, it seems to me, our boys are burned out on football,

If you think Page is a good team, then you have low expectations about 4A football. I agree some of their players played with technique. That is something that is drilled and practiced. Not somethin you just yell about on Friday night.

You say players are burned out on football. They are burned out on losing. These guys know what it is to be part of something good. They are not stupid. They know which way the program is going. They want to work, They want to win. They do not want to keep doing the same thing every week with the same results. It is called insanity. Look it up.

Let me start by saying, Page is not a good team. Give credit where credit is due is exactly what I am going to do. I hate to sit in the stands and listen to you people. Everyone want to blame the loss on Walt and his play calling, or GC just don't have any talent, or the other team was good. That is a load of garbage.

First off, the teams we are playing are not as good as teams we have played in the past, and blowed out. Second, GC has as much talent this year if not more than normal. Third, the play calling is not killing us. I don't always agree with it, but it is not the problem. The problem is everything that leads up to the play calling on Friday night.

You talk about talent from the past. Last year we had a bunch of kids that had worked there butt off for three years. Did not matter who was the coach, they were ready to play football. This year we are reaping the rewards of what we have not done the last two years. We have not really hit the weight. We have not worked with qb's and recievers, We have not really had a speed school. We are NOT IN SHAPE. We do not run, We do not condition. We have no discipline. It is too late to change anything this year. We need to change things for next year, and the years following.

Somebody on here the other day, said MC is so good, and GC is so bad. All of that took place in one year. Yes, it did. MC has always had talent, Now they have a coach. That is the difference. GC has just as much talent.

If they are not in shape and have no discipline doesn't that fall on the head coach?Why don't they do a speed school anymore?

A lot of yall have hit the nail on the head. Preparation is key in anything, and particularly football. When the previous staff was here, practices lasted from 1:30-dark, which was usually 6:00-7:00. From what I have heard, Walt ends practice around 4:30. That's about 7 less hours of preparation a week. It might not seem like much, but as we can tell it matters. 

We can talk about him being a good guy and having high character all day, and I get that those are good things, but they do not equal wins. And before anyone says it, that isn't the most important thing, but if you aren't playing to win then why play at all? Tell those boys that it doesn't matter if you win and see how they look at you.

I could go on all day about what I think the problems are, but it really won't help anything right now. I just hope that the administration sees what is happening and responds accordingly.