Page @ Giles

WiseOldManGiles

If you think Page is a good team, then you have low expectations about 4A football. 

Page is 4-2 with two losses to CPA and MCHS. How would someone have low expectations of a team with a winning record? If Page is bad then I don't know what you would expect to call your own team...

Page is good! I saw that with my own eyes! 15 was a stud on both sides of the ball and 55 or 56 their left tackle was a hoss. They played position and technique Friday night. We didn't. For us, it was as if everybody was waiting for someone else to make they plays and not till the end of regulation did our guys start stepping up! The one recurring theme all year is how our guys come out and begin every game flat! That has to change. I do agree with the off season conditioning and drills. But, it seems to me, our boys are burned out on football.

So does that make 2A Forrest just as good as Giles? After all, Page beat them by one in OT.

I just hope that the administration sees what is happening and responds accordingly.

If you know anything about the previous coaches and this administration, you know where the root of many issues begin.  Our previous administration supported football along with many programs,  This administration seems a bit henpecked and has fallen into the belief if football is successful there must be too much emphasizes placed on it. 

If you know anything about the previous coaches and this administration, you know where the root of many issues begin.  Our previous administration supported football along with many programs,  This administration seems a bit henpecked and has fallen into the belief if football is successful there must be too much emphasizes placed on it. 

Nail on the head! nothing will change but participation on the team and attendance at the games. Waste of money on a beautiful stadium and facility, should go over well with the taxpayers. Dirty laundry doesnt need to be aired right now, but it needs to be addressed at seasons end, which looks to be October 31st. Meantime support, support, support is what these young men need right now. Go Cats and hope for a better future.

If you think Page is a good team, then you have low expectations about 4A football. I agree some of their players played with technique. That is something that is drilled and practiced. Not somethin you just yell about on Friday night.

You say players are burned out on football. They are burned out on losing. These guys know what it is to be part of something good. They are not stupid. They know which way the program is going. They want to work, They want to win. They do not want to keep doing the same thing every week with the same results. It is called insanity. Look it up.

Nobody is saying or stating negative things about you and (our) other boys! We know you guys are going through a difficult time as well as the entire program right now. We all are for you and all of the players! We are just here to comment on the state of the program and what our thoughts are. Keep your head up. Hang in there and keep trying!

Public schools can't expect to win year in and year out. There will be drop in talent from year to year. That's normal. Giles is still a very solid team will they win a state title..nope. But it's ok because it's not always about winning or losing it's about growing as a young adult it's about a team. Not about bragging rights for parents and fans. I can remeber a time win Giles was a doormat. And richland was were everybody wanted to go they were state contenders year in and year out in every sport. that's changed..,roles reversed. Giles is still good they have the athletes to compete year in year out. Calm down haters don't let pride bring the program down

I don't expect GCHS to win a title every year but we are one of the bigger schools in 4A with some of the best talent. Any way u look at it this year has been disappointing. We still got time to get it back with wins over spring hill, Marshall county, and two or three playoff games. That would make me forget about the bad start