Maplewood vs. East Nashville

MetroLegend

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played in the 4th quarter? That is an absolute LIE.

At Stratford who threw a TD pass in the 4th quarter of a running clock game while up 35-0? IU that is who.

At Westmoreland who got hurt when you went for it on 4th and 2 on your own 34 with 6 minutes left in a running clock game? Yep IU. You even called timeout after he went down because you were unprepared to put a sub in for him.

You DO realize that you can go back and see who scored those 4th quarter TD's for you, right?

The price for padding your stats will be paid next year when none of these easy teams will schedule you anymore cause you ran it up and none of your players have any experience. Alcoa will probably need a game though.

And don't even get me started on you about an on-side kick up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter.............

Who is YOU? I'm definitely not a coach.

Put it like this Upton (2) & McAfee (10) HAVEN'T played a full game all season. Why would a coach play is his best players up 35-0 going into the forth quarter? Makes no sense.

What do you call padding stats Dr.? Not allowing teams to score? Not trying to score? That's the point of the game. You can't help who play and that you have good athletes that find ways to score, when calling run plays up the middle.

Upton & McAfee haven't played an entire game all season, if they did play in the 4th it was one drive. They didn't even play the 2nd last Friday.

Onside kick up 21-0... Be serious. Have you ever heard of a squib kick to prevent a long return?

Sounds like some bitterness & hatred towards the East Eagles football program Dr.

Pull those 4th quarters stats up too.

Who is YOU? I'm definitely not a coach.

Put it like this Upton (2) & McAfee (10) HAVEN'T played a full game all season. Why would a coach play is his best players up 35-0 going into the forth quarter? Makes no sense.

What do you call padding stats Dr.? Not allowing teams to score? Not trying to score? That's the point of the game. You can't help who play and that you have good athletes that find ways to score, when calling run plays up the middle.

Upton & McAfee haven't played an entire game all season, if they did play in the 4th it was one drive. They didn't even play the 2nd last Friday.

Onside kick up 21-0... Be serious. Have you ever heard of a squib kick to prevent a long return?

Sounds like some bitterness & hatred towards the East Eagles football program Dr.

Pull those 4th quarters stats up too.

Legend? I have been around Metro close to 50 years and you sir are only a legend in your own mind. The true legends never had to run a score up or leave their two best players in when they were up 40 trying to pad their stats. From the stands you must be missing the sideline coaches asking the booth about their numbers while up 40 points.You are right though. It does not make any sense. If Upton had been really hurt at Westmoreland halfway through the 4th quarter with a running clock instead of just a stinger, your season is over simply to pad stats.

And leaving your two college bound players in the game with a 40 point lead and running clock in the 4th quarter is padding stats Mr. Brilliant. I have no problem with the SUBS trying to score, but D1 guys throwing TD passes up 40 is a punk move.

I already gave you two specific instances. If you really want me to make you look worse I can give you more.

One last thing, if you think a squib kick is needed up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter against a team that has not won a game, then you sir are an idiot.

Everything I said was true

Edited by drknows

Legend? I have been around Metro close to 50 years and you sir are only a legend in your own mind. The true legends never had to run a score up or leave their two best players in when they were up 40 trying to pad their stats. From the stands you must be missing the sideline coaches asking the booth about their numbers while up 40 points.You are right though. It does not make any sense. If Upton had been really hurt at Westmoreland halfway through the 4th quarter with a running clock instead of just a stinger, your season is over simply to pad stats.

And leaving your two college bound players in the game with a 40 point lead and running clock in the 4th quarter is padding stats Mr. Brilliant. I have no problem with the SUBS trying to score, but D1 guys throwing TD passes up 40 is a punk move.

I already gave you two specific instances. If you really want me to make you look worse I can give you more.

One last thing, if you think a squib kick is needed up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter against a team that has not won a game, then you sir are an idiot.

Everything I said was true

Lol, it's funny that your upset. You sound so bitter it's hilarious. It's alot of hatred coming out of these post! 50 years in Metro & you still don't have clue. What a shame.

Why do you keep saying "your"? I'm not a coach. Stats post on website, that's how I know. (Find those 4th quarter stats btw)

You keep talking like Waite is leaving them in the whole game. 10AA is a weak district outside of PC & maybe Lipscomb. If they score 40 points whose fault is that? McAfee & Upton can't help if they aren't being tackled. What do want them to do? Fall down & kneel the ball the whole second half on 3rd down & punt on fourth?

A punk move is trying to win a game comfortably? You had to be a loser throughout those 50 dreadful years.

They clearly squib kick almost every time or it's a pooch kick. It's mainly because East doesn't have a trustworthy kicker. Is going for two padding stats as well? I'm confused Dr.

You attend the East games from what I can tell, and you know good and well they don't try to run the scores up on teams.

They can't help who they play. Your blaming all the wrong people Dr.

The season gets harder from here out so you won't have anything else to complain about.

Edited by MetroLegend