District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

First, the referee called the lane violation on #34 I believe. He was standing right on the 3 point line when Scott was shooting his free throws, and he crossed the 3 point line on the release. Each team had a technical at bad times which helped the other team, PC pulled within 1 on the FT's # 22 hit. Both of those technicals were for a players questioning or should I say disagreeing with a call. Gotta have poise in games of this type. Close game which should have been expected. After PC chipped away, I feel like their post players got going in the third quarter. You cannot beat the atmosphere of high school basketball games like this one tonight.

• Upvote 1

I gotta say even though I pull for Summertown. its kinda disappointing that someone had to lose that game last night. Both teams fought their hearts out.

The one kid from Perry County, unfortunately I can't recall his number played one of the most complete games I've ever seen from our District. If you were at the game, you know who I am talking about.

For Summertown, Perry had the 3 dropping in most of the night, and Beard came up big scoring and defensively when needed most. The 2 blocks in OT were HUGE!!

#22 and the two big boys all had a great game. I didn't think Stown was going to be able to hold them off after they figured out Stown couldn't stop them on the low posts. Two consecutive misses and Beard's two blocks were the stops that won it for Stown. If there is a game three it will be an awesome game in the tournament! Gonna be some awesome games in the tournament for sure. Not sure but I heard district tournament is in Lawrenceburg? Well if so they better pull out all the seats because that gym will be full and rocking with District 12 A basketball! Can't wait!!

Can't leave the post without saying great game to Beard, Scott, Perry, Ridner, Attkison and The Eagles! Gotta give an honorable mention to the radio guys too, couldn't hear what they were saying but you could tell they were enjoying their broadcast of the game!

Super exciting game between summertown and PC Friday night. Both teams made some great plays. But gotta say I was super pumped to see Perry County come back after being behind 19 points and tie the game in the third quarter. Great game for PC #22 I believe he had 24 Pts 17 rebounds. One thing I love about watching this kid play is his ability to see the floor. He knows plays before they happen. Can't leave out that #23 we haven't gotta to see him play a lot this year due to foul trouble but he dominated the inside friday. He's one strong player. Shout out to layne I'm thinking #5 one excellent ball handler. Summertown #10 has a very good shot he knocked down some shots. I think his physical shape hurts him . #23 good ball handler and player. It's unbelievable how neck and neck this district is. Some be some great games to come. PC you must fight hard to win.

It wasn't a lane violation that was called its even worse they said #34 clapped and it distracted the foul shooter. With all the noise in the gym there is no way he heard the clap.

Wow that's complete garbage. It was pretty suspect as just a Lane Violation call, a player distraction call is just handing them a 2nd chance on a Gold Platter.

Wow that's complete garbage. It was pretty suspect as just a Lane Violation call, a player distraction call is just handing them a 2nd chance on a Gold Platter.

It's actually a sportsmanship rule. No matter how the fans act in the stands....just as you can't enter the lane or cause a visual distraction at the free throw line, you can't clap, scream, and move towards (inside the 3 point line) the shooter in the process of shooting. Perry county coach knew it right away. Unfortunate it got called for Perry County. But it was obvious the players intent at the time. and it is a display of bad sportsmanship. Just as in football you can't mock or mimic the quarterback when on defense.