District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

Two awesome games tonight!!!! Was a lot of fun to watch. Congratulations to Coach Micah Rochester and Lorett"O" for their first district tournament championship in 53 years. Loretto being as deep as they are and playing 10-12 players every night takes great coaches to allow all the players from freshman to senior a chance to improve. Congrats to Luke Scott from Summertown! They really got it right this year with the MVP. The MVP goes to the player that is most valuable to THEIR team and it was certainly Scott. 19 points in the first half of the game tonight. Also congrats to Lane Myhan for scoring his 1000th point in tonight's game! I'm excited for the Regional Tourney! Best of luck to all the teams from our district next week!

Side note: Lorett"O" was established in 1812 and originally called "Glen Rock" but the name was changed in 1871 to LorettO. It's been called the same and spelled the same ever since.

Go Mustangs!!!!!!!

Thank God someone else noticed the misspelling of LorettO. I thought Loretta Lynn was playing high school basketball in TN.

Tough luck for C'wood...lots of good kids on that team.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Congrats to Summertown.  We just didn't have an answer for Scott.  I hope what I saw at the end of the game was just a cramp.  Summertown must have him to have a decent chance in the Region.

I doubt if we can get by the first round of regions at CA but stranger things have happened.  PC has a really good night and CA struggles a little bit and waala, PC wins.  Possible but not probable.  I have been really proud of the way these young men have played.  You can't give more than 100 percent and that is what they gave.  The parents are to blame!!  Needed better genetics!!

Linden gave Columbia Academy all they could handle and in the first quarter Keatton Bates broke his ankle and then he played the entire second quarter but then after the half the coach didn't put him back in. Linden gave them a scare but the three pointers from the Cary brothers were too much. Other than that it sounded like a great game.