District 11A and 12A ..

allaroundsports

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry Co. took the win tonight in the girls game in a close one.  Perry Co. controlled the boards and really I think that made a huge difference in the game.  They rebounded very well.  Good team.  Look forward to playing them at Loretto.

I agree Red, Linden's girls rebounded the ball very well the only reason why the girls couldn't get rolling was with Rachel Burden down low. She had probably six blocks at least with the smaller Linden squad. Loretto has three to four potent shooters from the outside. They will get better and come tourney time look out. Should be a classic just like last night next month when we head down there. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Right now here is how I would rank them:

1. Perry County

2. Loretto

3. Wayne County

4. Summertown

5. Collinwood (Risner going down for the year puts them at the bottom, maybe even behind Frank Hughes.)

6. Frank Hughes

They beat Loretto 53-48 tonight. Did she get hurt during the game against Loretto? Feel bad for the young girl, hope she heals quickly.

Loretto has struggled in 2 tough district games to finish.  They are playing 5 underclassmen with little or no high school experience, Burden and Brodie have been out of basketball a year.  They are trying to learn a different system.  I'm trying to look at a finished product, and if they get there, they'll be fine.  Right now Loretto needs more games under their belts.  I really don't see a lot of difference in the top 4 or 5 district teams.  They are all good teams that could win the district tournament.   It's going to be fun to see how this thing shakes out. 

Linden's #12 Miranda Boutwell is hurt right now. She has a deep bruise on the side of her knee and she will go and get a MRI done this week at some point. There is no ACL/MCL tear thank goodness but they are going to see if she has any cartilage damage. Prayers to her would be appreciated. Hate to see a girl trying to change her life and end up hurt in the process. During the Christmas Break here is how the District is shaping up.

1. Linden (11-1, 3-0)

2. Waynesboro (8-4, 2-0)

3. Collinwood (6-5, 1-1)

4. Loretto (4-4, 1-2)

5. Summertown (7-6, 0-2)

6. Clifton (6-7, 0-2)

I can be satisfied with that-only down 6 with 4 minutes left. Tells me they played really hard and got after it. Houston will probably make some noise this year in the glass house. If I am not mistaken, I think the really tall blonde for them is a junior and played alot last year.

Breanna Boggs #41 started as a freshman,tore her ACL the fifth game last year and is rounding into shape. She is a major D1 talent. Madison Steppee #45 is a senior and signed with Bethel, Abbey Dew #14 the PG signed with Bethel also. Boggs is 6'2,Steppee is 6'0, and Olivia White- a junior off the bench is 6'3. Houston Co is loaded this year and are coached very well also.

Breanna Boggs #41 started as a freshman,tore her ACL the fifth game last year and is rounding into shape. She is a major D1 talent. Madison Steppee #45 is a senior and signed with Bethel, Abbey Dew #14 the PG signed with Bethel also. Boggs is 6'2,Steppee is 6'0, and Olivia White- a junior off the bench is 6'3. Houston Co is loaded this year and are coached very well also.

Linden gave them a great game the first game of the season and has been doing pretty well since then. If it wasn't for free throws it would have been a two or one possession game like it was the entire game. But i'm proud of these ladies and they are very well coached under former 2004 Ms. Basketball Kristal Edney. Hope these girls can stay healthy and do what this girls program hasn't done since 2004. 

Linden's #12 Miranda Boutwell is hurt right now. She has a deep bruise on the side of her knee and she will go and get a MRI done this week at some point. There is no ACL/MCL tear thank goodness but they are going to see if she has any cartilage damage. Prayers to her would be appreciated. Hate to see a girl trying to change her life and end up hurt in the process. During the Christmas Break here is how the District is shaping up.

1. Linden (11-1, 3-0)

2. Waynesboro (8-4, 2-0)

3. Collinwood (6-5, 1-1)

4. Loretto (4-4, 1-2)

5. Summertown (7-6, 0-2)

6. Clifton (6-7, 0-2)

PCsupporterforlife; Just wondering what you mean by "this young lady is trying to change her life" is all about. Last I heard she fluxuates between number two and number one in her class(has been since middle school) Plays basketball all year long, including AAU and is a stand out player in the elite class of AAU, has competed on a national level since 8th. grade, Has always attended church and youth activites and works with younger kids since she was in middle school helping them with school work and other activites. Just because you have a bias towards a kid, you better be careful about voicing it on social media. Just because you are lead by others with an agenda to make another child look good, you might want to think before you post. This young lady has always been a leader and is what younger children aspire to be, there is no "Black cloud of changing her life" that you and others with an ax to grind, towards her, would like to make up, Just to make yourself feel impowered. Choose your words wisely before posting, don't try to put any doubts or questions about this young ladies charater, or you might put yourself in a liable siutation. Another word of advise, becareful when posting medical diagnosis when your not a DOCTOR. Shame on you for trying to make yourself look like you are in the know at the expense of a kid. Again shame on you!