District 11A and 12A ..

allaroundsports

Believe 11a will be better this year with the addition of some new coaches at Mt.Pleasant and CA. Should be a more competitive district this year. Do believe Richland, Mt. Pleasant,Sante Fe,and Cornersville will advance to region

As for 12a I believe Wayne County will be the top dog this year but Collinwood Summertown and Loretto will also be good as usual. Season is just around the corner so we will find out soon.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto at Cornersville should be a preview of a possible sub state game. I see Cornersville and Houston County as the teams to beat to make it to state from our region (6A vs 5A). Is anyone in our region capable of beating either of them? Last season Summertown played even with Houston for 3 quarters.

Houston will be tough to beat. Cornersville will be really young.

District 12 will be a meat grinder.  There will be some great games between some really good teams.  Perry County may be the sleeper team.  Collinwood and Wayne County will always bring some strong girls basketball and set the bar.  Summertown has a strong roster.  Loretto is young in some areas and will be learning a new system, but with the return of Rachael Burden it will give them a strong presence at the post position.  The Sirmones girl will be one of the districts best.  I think the Franks girl for Summertown will be one to watch.  Frank Hughes will be a spoiler and help determine who wins the district.  This is a very tough district with some very good coaches.  This should be an interesting year. :mellow:

District 12A

1.  Collinwood

2.  Loretto

T3.  Perry County

T3.  Summertown

5.  Wayne County

6.  Frank Hughes

I am going to go with Collinwood as the favorite.  Huddleston is an excellent coach that excels at getting every bit of talent out of his girls, and he has a very senior-laden line-up to work with this season.  Loretto is a close second to Collinwood.  They have a strong group returning (led by Sabre Sirmones), and with the return of Burden inside, they have a very potent inside game with her and Sirmones that will be hard for any other team to match-up with.  Loretto's position may just be determined by how quickly and how well they have adjusted to the coaching change.  Following them, I think it will be very tight battle for that third spot between Perry County and Summertown.  Perry County returns nearly everyone from a team that really started to click at the end of last season, and they will have arguably the best freshman, and best all around athlete in the district regardless of age, in Chynia Brooks.  She is a game changer for PC.  How well she learns to play with the rest of her team will likely determine just how far Perry County can go.  Summertown returns a solid core, but has to replace some of their guard play.  They gained some talented freshmen, but those freshmen will not have an immediate impact on the district this year.  McGill is a great coach though, and they will compete with everyone.   I think Wayne County finds themselves on the outside looking in for the first time in a long time.  Frank Hughes, despite their improvements over the past couple of seasons, will remain at the bottom.

Edited by ptguard12

I will go ahead and put up my guess for what 12A will look like:

Collinwood (A lot of seniors and always tough and well coached)

Loretto  (The addition of the returning players is a big plus, Jana Cross will be helping with the post and Coach Rutledge will be handling the guards hopefully will make for a good system.  If a couple of the younger girls can step it up with sirmons and Littrell, Loretto should be okay this year)

Wayne Co. (I still think Wayne Co. will be in the mix)

Perry Co.  (Should be competitive as well)

Summertown (Cant really see Summertown this low but with the loss of several players it has to hurt.  If the young girls can step up they will surely rise on up.)

Frank Hughes (Just not enough players)

Edited by RedTang

Linden's Lady Vikings are coming off a (11-11, 4-6 District 12A) season and they should've won a lot more. They lost Hope Rogers (7 points per game) and Jaydon Bunch (point guard, 5 points per game.) to graduation. They bring back their main go to girls and four of the five starters from last season. Reagan Floyd (Jr.) (13 points per game), Connor DePriest (Sr.) (11 points per game), Miranda Boutwell (Jr.) (6 points per game), Leah Tangerstrom (Sr.) (5 points per game), and Jessa Tucker (Jr.) (2 points a game). If these girls play to the way everyone in Linden knows they can, then this could be a very special year for the Girls Basketball team. They also have probably the best athlete and all around ball handler in the District and possibly Region in Freshman Point Guard Chynia Brooks. This girl is very very quick and can go by you in a hiccup. She has a very good jumper and can go to the boards better than most guards. She averaged over 27 points per game in Middle School last season. This girl will be special in the years to come. Praying for a great season and a injury free year. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Linden's Lady Vikings beat Medina (South Gibson County), Dyer (Gibson County), Calloway County, Kentucky, and Charlotte (Creek Wood) saturday at the University of Tennessee at Martin play day. All games besides the game against Charlotte, the Lady's won by double digits. They beat Creek Wood by seven points. Sure hope this is a preview of what these Lady's will do this season.

Works at the Wayne County Board of Education as the Supervisor of Adult Education for Wayne, Hardin, and McNairy counties. Also hear he refereeing this year. Heard he's not looking to coach again until his son(freshman at Wayne County H.S.) graduates.

It would be a shame if he didn't, he made a huge difference in just one season at Clifton.