Week 7: Brentwood Academy at McCallie

BigDave1967

This is a fun year in d2. ....on a side note St Xavier in Ohio knocked off elder who beat St Edwards earlier in the year when they were ranked number 1 nationally and this past Friday they beat lasalle who thumped moeler and was undefeated, ranked top 25 nationally and number 1 in Ohio. BAs wins this year ( st x , science hill, mccallie )are starting to look better and better as the year goes on.

having a few of our kids back from injury last night helped and a few more are coming back before playoffs. If BA can make it past baylor the bye week will certainly help going into the Ensworh game.

Still a long way to go but this year is one of the best for d2 football I can remember in a long while.

Too bad there's nobody in the mix from the West.  I can't remember the last time MUS was this unexceptional.  It all starts at QB. MUS has a very athletic kid there but he's just not a QB. From what I've seen at lower levels, I'm not sure MUS will be an elite team again in the near future. Only time will tell.  For now, I see all West teams losing their 1st playoff games against teams from Middle/East.

I noticed some questioning of the poll that still had MUS ranked ahead of CBHS after the Bros had beaten the Owls.  I think it was because CBHS was playing at home and won on a FG on the last play of the game.  However, CBHS was clearly the better team that night.  The ineptness of MUS, especially on offense, was disheartening.  Dumbest play of the night - CBHS is in the red zone with 4th down and runs an option going for the 1st down.  MUS forces the QB out of bounds well short of the first down but an Owl delivers a late hit OOB.  When MUS plays dumb like this, you know it ain"t your year to hoot.

Edited by owlbooster

Luckily we were out of town and missed this game. Never, in a million years would I have believed BA would beat McCallie like they did.  And I am darn glad I did not have to watch.  Congratulations to Brentwood Academy.

McCallie did play three incredible games in a row, and while it is no excuse, they were due for a letdown especially after the super-high of beating Baylor after a long drought.

Very happy the Blue Tornado have a week off - much needed.

Edited by oldwiseone

I was at the game ... Mccallie looked flat and tired. BA also played perhaps the best game I have seen them play outside of the Ensworh game at home last year. I am sure the post season will be a nail biter

Luckily we were out of town and missed this game. Never, in a million years would I have believed BA would beat McCallie like they did. And I am darn glad I did not have to watch. Congratulations to Brentwood Academy.

McCallie did play three incredible games in a row, and while it is no excuse, they were due for a letdown especially after the super-high of beating Baylor after a long drought.

Very happy the Blue Tornado have a week off - much needed.

Ralph Potter wanted that win so bad he could taste it. McCallie was not prepared for this game. For BA it will come down to Ensworth again. Coach Ricky will have the University of Ensworth ready.

Ralph wants every game...and I really think he wanted wins against Ensworth and Baylor much more than he cared about a win against BA.  Just my opinion of course.

McCallie had Bowling Green, Ensworth, and Baylor back-to-back-to back and went 3-0.  Hard to get up for four really good teams in four weeks.  Not sure who would win a McCallie-Ensworth, McCallie-Baylor, or McCallie BA rematch, but I'd take my chances predicting McCallie in every one of those games.  Of course, any of those teams could beat McCallie as well.  It is why they play the game and it is great to see some real competition this year.

BA's lines scare me though.  That's where the games are won or lost.