Week 7: Lenoir City at Maryville

BigDave1967

Ouch. You got me. I don't know how old u r sir but I do know I did NOT disrespect u or Maryville in any of my posts. I am no Fool my friend for expressing my thoughts on a high school sports board. I am smart enough to respect everyone on here as peers deserved or not. So I will not post back to u out of respect to everyone else here! Thanks for the bashing!

Thanks for showing up routinely on the Maryville threads to " Bash " our Schedule ... 

41 - Let me try to help you, if you really do want answers. It appears you do not want to hear the truth for us, but what you want though.

1-We have three out of conference games: Webb D2 state champion, Alcoa 3A state champion and one of the oldest rivalries in the state, and Sevier County a quality team that travels well and challenges us by throwing the ball; Webb does check your box of playing a winning D2 team, Alcoa has won more championships than all of 7-AAA combined and is coached by the most successful Rutherford County coach of all time, We play Sevier County to work on our entire defense not just lining up and running it every down.

2-Our conference is weaker right now than we would like, but that is not our decision or option

3-Anyone that knows football would tell you that it would be more difficult for us to win every game every year in 7-AAA just due to size and physical play. I will say that if Rutherford County had a team that would learn how to run and pass equally effectively, they would be very hard to beat.

4-MHS fans are spoiled rotten. If you come to a home game and 70% of the stadium is filled for a team that has had the success we have had, you would just shake your head. It sickens me to listen to "fans" say - I will wait and come watch the state championship game.

All of this to say, we do not need to go anywhere else. We find more proven opponents around Knoxville than you want to give us credit for. I will not bash Rutherford County because I think your talent level is the best in the state, but you end up doing the least with what you have. It would be something to see MHS with the talent of Blackmon, Oakland, Whitehaven, etc...Nah...I will take our slow little rebels to battle any day!!

Go REBELS!!!

4-MHS fans are spoiled rotten. If you come to a home game and 70% of the stadium is filled for a team that has had the success we have had, you would just shake your head. It sickens me to listen to "fans" say - I will wait and come watch the state championship game.

I like the playoffs and away games. The crowds seem a little more rowdy.

#shieldsup

Argreed, but it doesn't help that Maryville has a two week fall break (which I hate as a fan and a parent) which means school is out and parents and students head to the beach while the football team plays two home games.  Heck, the band doesn't have enough folks in town to march at these two games.

Edited by OldRebel2

41 - Let me try to help you, if you really do want answers. It appears you do not want to hear the truth for us, but what you want though.

1-We have three out of conference games: Webb D2 state champion, Alcoa 3A state champion and one of the oldest rivalries in the state, and Sevier County a quality team that travels well and challenges us by throwing the ball; Webb does check your box of playing a winning D2 team, Alcoa has won more championships than all of 7-AAA combined and is coached by the most successful Rutherford County coach of all time, We play Sevier County to work on our entire defense not just lining up and running it every down.

2-Our conference is weaker right now than we would like, but that is not our decision or option

3-Anyone that knows football would tell you that it would be more difficult for us to win every game every year in 7-AAA just due to size and physical play. I will say that if Rutherford County had a team that would learn how to run and pass equally effectively, they would be very hard to beat.

All of this to say, we do not need to go anywhere else. We find more proven opponents around Knoxville than you want to give us credit for. I will not bash Rutherford County because I think your talent level is the best in the state, but you end up doing the least with what you have. It would be something to see MHS with the talent of Blackmon, Oakland, Whitehaven, etc...Nah...I will take our slow little rebels to battle any day!!

Go REBELS!!!

Thanks for discussing my question! It still sounds a little condicending(sp.). While 7aaa may not have GQ we do have some pretty good coaching staffs here! Which goes along with the toughest region thing. And when I talk about playing other schools I meant the same level, 6a, D2. u can't really think Webb compares to MBA, BA, Ensworth. Someone with the tradition u guys have. Please don't take these questions wrong! If u do just ignore this post and I won't post again. Thank u.

Thanks for discussing my question! It still sounds a little condicending(sp.). While 7aaa may not have GQ we do have some pretty good coaching staffs here! Which goes along with the toughest region thing. And when I talk about playing other schools I meant the same level, 6a, D2. u can't really think Webb compares to MBA, BA, Ensworth. Someone with the tradition u guys have. Please don't take these questions wrong! If u do just ignore this post and I won't post again. Thank u.

And coming on a teams threads on a regular basis and passing judgement on their schedule is not condescending, or even a little arrogant? And play the victim and say you didn't show disresepct all you want, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. I think you called it "sad". No one is "taking your questions wrong", they just aren't buying into your BS. And you STILL have not answered the questions regarding how many times Blackman and Oakland have been seriously challenged this year. Because it does not fit the angle of your "innocent" questions. You posted the same stuff Heritage week and you were indeed "just ignored" but unlike your promise above to "not post again" here you are. Obviously you were going to go the subtle jab route until you got a reaction and you got one. Feel free to take your own advice and ignore and move on.  

And coming on a teams threads on a regular basis and passing judgement on their schedule is not condescending, or even a little arrogant? And play the victim and say you didn't show disresepct all you want, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. I think you called it "sad". No one is "taking your questions wrong", they just aren't buying into your BS. And you STILL have not answered the questions regarding how many times Blackman and Oakland have been seriously challenged this year. Because it does not fit the angle of your "innocent" questions. You posted the same stuff Heritage week and you were indeed "just ignored" but unlike your promise above to "not post again" here you are. Obviously you were going to go the subtle jab route until you got a reaction and you got one. Feel free to take your own advice and ignore and move on.

ðŸ‘