Week 7: Oneida @ Oliver Springs

crow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. 

I don't understand why the defense is so bad.  Defense used to be OS's strength.  My son played for OS more than 10 years ago, and shut-outs were not unusual. In fact both years he played, OS did great.  I especially remember the 30 - 0 score against Alcoa, but also other schools like Lenoir City were shut out....and Harriman...and Rockwood.  I'm not from OS, and I haven't really followed them much lately (Oak Ridge is my team), but I feel really bad for them this year.  I do know they are playing a majority of Freshman though.  I'm still puzzled about the poor performance by the defense.

Those are three good reasons.My dislike for Coalfield is a thirty year old dislike unlike some others on here i played in this rivalry and have had two sons go thru it also.Its no secret i dont care for the coaching staff at Coalfield the main reason is the scrimmage we had at GB 2010.A huge fight broke out and the staff from CHS was the main reason.The officials had to physically remove the coaches from the field and the things that were said that came directly from the coaches mouth was uncalled for.Not only that look at their track record as a sports program.Last yr kid gets ejected for throwing punches in our first game.Yr before against Pitt another kid trying to fight and the Lookout Valley fiasco.Baseball another kid trying to hit an umpire.This yrs team seems to be doing alot better so far so maybe they are trying to clean it up.Its not just playoff losses we had as much of a hand in those losses as Coalfield but it is what it is.

I really liked and respected Coalfield when they had Gary Kreis, they have had alot of issues sinse that time.I like teams that can both win and lose with chartactor.

IDK.......Coalfield is still on the table.  They are no easy team to beat.  Especially since the freshman QB is beginning to heat up.  Bible in the backfield is tough as long as that boy has two legs to run on.  Stewart up front is a load and our D will get tested against them.  Not gonna look ahead.....OS in the radar right now.

Kaz

Another Bye week!LOL!

I guess this post i made is a little harsh.I will apologize to the Bobcat faithful and anyone else offended.It was not thought a out and it has turned a football thread into why does OnB hate us so much.One thing about me i usually am honest in opinions whether good or bad.If GB plays bad i say they play bad if good so on.I AM A GB FAN.There are some other teams i have GREAT respect for they know who they are.I didnt like the comments a couple yrs ago when we went to OS with the twin sister of our kicker now,and she filled in for him and OS made the comment they were coming after her.We were up by about 40 and they did just that and sbe was hit after the whistle(not very classy).Although if their on the field and in pads their fair game.Not so after the whistle!So i do have reasons right or wrong but the are my reasons.Good luck to both and hope both stay healthy.Roll tribe Roll! Edited by orngnblk

Just curious, how many semi appearances has Oneida been in?

Here's a link to the playoff section of our website (the website is also in my signature line on here). 2013 is not listed so I added it to the numbers below.

http://oneidafootball.com/tradition/playoffs

Since 1969 Oneida has made the playoffs 31 times with 31 1st round (obviously I also counted 1st round bye as 1st round), 2nd round 25 times, quarterfinals 10, semifinals 8 and only 1 trip to the finals (but at least it was successful and we beat a private school  :mrgreen: ) in 1992.

Check out the website, it's pretty cool, I will warn you though it does have sound on the home page just in case you look at it in a situation that would be frowned upon. May wanna turn the volume off first  :oops: Got a bunch of cool stuff with some good history and pictures. The kickoff timer is off though, says 2 hours until kickoff for the Oakdale game, need to contact the web guy for an update I guess.

In '90 Webb beat us like a drum in round 2. '89 we lost to DCA in the semi's 14-12, you may be thinking of that game. Oneida has only faced Trousdale 3 times, 1992, 1997 and 2008 all 3 semi games (Trousdale leads 2-1 in that series) and all 3 times the winner won the gold ball. 

You should really check out the link I put up there, it's got it broke down by year with scores and what round, it's just a click away. I think you'd really enjoy the website, I toot our own horn a little, I've seen a lot of HS websites and that one is about as cool as any. We're really proud of it, give it a look if you get time.

Edited by crow