Dekalb at York

YAIFan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well could be BUT there is a hugh difference between a quality player and other aspects of the total football team. I respect decision of coaches.

I totally agree with you. I don't know the coaches but they have my respect. Hard to make those decisions when your judged by wins and loses. But when you teach a life lesson to the entire team that's an easy choice. RESPECT EARNED!!!!

I think this game is a toss up can go either way. Not sure it will be an upset no matter who wins. I'm hoping the bus ride for DC gives us advantage

Man it is a long bus drive, that's for sure. Station Camp was a long one from DC too. I'm not sure it gives York an advantage though. DC will obviously be well rested from the long trip. During home games you have to wonder what your players are doing before it's time to show back up at the field. They could potentially be doing numerous things that would wear them out. In 05, half our players were playing wall ball for like an hour before the trip to Warren County. I too was participating, and it wore us all out.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Other than Jennings at QB, who else are the playmakers for DC?

On offense our RB Boss is a good hard runner. He is very tough to bring down, will consistently get you 3 or 4 yards a carry. He doesn't have a ton of speed, but will get you a handful of 8-12 yard runs a game. He doesn't seem to have many runs longer than that, but they do happen some. I'm not sure about now, but at the time of the CC game, Boss was averaging around 8.7 YPC I believe. I feel he is underutilized. Patterson and Munoz are our two best WRs in my opinion. The last few games we have had a sophomore by the name of Halfmann step up and make some nice plays for us. Mooneyham and Brown are a couple of names you may hear too.

Man it is a long bus drive, that's for sure. Station Camp was a long one from DC too. I'm not sure it gives York an advantage though. DC will obviously be well rested from the long trip. During home games you have to wonder what your players are doing before it's time to show back up at the field. They could potentially be doing numerous things that would wear them out. In 05, half our players were playing wall ball for like an hour before the trip to Warren County. I too was participating, and it wore us all out.

Most teams come out sluggish after a long bus ride. If that happens hope we jump on that and run. As you named play makers I'm thinking everyone be the offensive line.

i have seen both play. i think dc wins this one even though it sounds like york is playing better. should be a good one. dc is 100% pass. hardly ever run it. they don't need to. jennings will slice you and dice you. hope your dbs are ready for some work. they will get it against dekalb.

Yes we do need to run, it's a must.

Most teams come out sluggish after a long bus ride. If that happens hope we jump on that and run. As you named play makers I'm thinking everyone be the offensive line.

Huh? What about the OL?