2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

UT is good at slinging MUD... Ole Miss isn't cheating anymore or less than UT... Now if you don't think UT is paying to play then you shouldn't think Ole Miss is either...   <_<  :huh:

Butch is one of college football's best recruiters. I've seen or heard nothing that makes me think CBJ or his staff is paying players to come to come to UT.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butch is one of college football's best recruiters. I've seen or heard nothing that makes me think CBJ or his staff is paying players to come to come to UT. Who knows what Ole Miss,Mississippi State,Alabama or Arkansas are doing as far as recruiting goes? Memphis has been home to a lot of recruiting corruption going back decades with coaches getting players to sign with Alabama or whoever paid them the most.

Edited by BigDave1967

Butch is one of college football's best recruiters. I've seen or heard nothing that makes me think CBJ or his staff is paying players to come to come to UT. Who knows what Ole Miss,Mississippi State,Alabama or Arkansas are doing as far as recruiting goes? Memphis has been home to a lot of recruiting corruption going back decades with coaches getting players to sign with Alabama or whoever paid them the most.

UT Paid those coaches in Memphis too!!!

The answer would be for Memphis to get into the SEC. Even geographically that makes perfect sense,  but we all know UT, OleMiss, Vandy,,,,heck none of the SEC teams will allow that to happen., That would put a Huge hurt on all their recruiting. 

Of course those schools would fight it; but the reason it wouldn't happen is not because those schools would fight it. The reason why the SEC wouldn't add Memphis to the SEC is because it wouldn't add any M O N E Y to the SEC coffers. The SEC doesn't have to add Memphis to the conference to gain the city in their TV market. Memphis is home to UT, Ole Miss, Miss State, Ark, Bama, Auburn, LSU and Vandy alum. Even if Memphis were to become a power in football, the state of Tennessee already has two schools in the conference and the City is chock full of SEC fans. The SEC has no need to add Memphis ... they would gain nothing by doing so. When the SEC expands to 16 teams, they are going to broaden thier territory and add schools to which they don't already have a major share of the TV market. I can see the SEC adding Louisville, West Virginia, or Virginia Tech, to name a few. Louisville is a major market that would have the added bonus of creating a natural in-state rivalry with UK. WV and VT would add Virginia viewers that they don't have. Those, in my opinion, are more feasible then adding Memphis.

Memphis best chance to get in a major conference would be to join either the Big 12, Big 10, or the ACC when everything shakes out. Since football drives the bus, having a good football team that puts butts in the seats gets you an invite when the stronger conferences start devouring the weaker conferences. Memphis has to be primed and ready when that happens, which will be sooner then poeple think. Selling out home games is the best way to do that. The best way to sell out home games is to win like Memphis is winning. To continue to win like Memphis is winning, Memphis needs to keep their coach.

Edited by kwc

Looking at the AAC Conference website  to view the conference standings, currently East Carolina (4-1), and Temple (3-1) are ahead of the U of M (3-2). Temple will play both in back-to-back home games in November (ECU on 11/1/14, U of M on 11/7/14). They will play Pen State and Cincinnati immediatly following. I personally think, barring injury to major personnel, that both ECU and the U of M run the tables and finish 11-1, and 10-2 respectively, especially since they don't play each other this season. I think that Temple will finish below both schools and probably lower then Cincinnati and possibly fall out of the running altogether.

According to the bowl tie-in links I posted, what bowl game would the U of M go to that scenerio?

Edited by kwc