Alcoa

onetworemember

With Milan being Open Zone why is Milan not getting players from Memphis?

because they don't want to get a cheap, tainted gold ball...it's a get off the yellow bus thingy...and a small county like Gibson...has 6 high schools and 5 different school systems...doesn't combine an all star team...imagine if Milan..Trenton..Humboldt...South Gibson had a combined team...

Edited by cofo

and a hats off to Alcoa...in the 08 Champ against Milan ...Milan's LB Avery Williamson set a state record 22 tackles...he went on to play at Kentucky (dumb A#@ Lane Kiffin didn't recruit him)...he now plays and starts as a rookie for the Titans..Milan's claim to fame along with Alcoa's Randall Cobb...they both play in the NFL..we can argue/disagree all we want but both programs should be proud of their hometown boys...

Edited by cofo

Guest hevyrevy1611

Recruiting... as in how? I talk to students/ potential playters ALL TIME, out in public and especially when I drove a schoolbus. Trying to get them to play ball in any sport, talking it up, encouraging them, asking coach to visit. Even going after students in "layover zones" where residents can choose between two or three schools (zone is where an old school closed, instead of forcing them all to one, those places are now allowed to choose which school to attend). A student going to another school in that area I will try to convince to play for us. I am working on one this week. Is that recruiting? Is it wrong? Ilegal? I am not on any coaching staff, just a well-known local fan who loves our team! Wanting everyone who can do so and willing to try to play any sport that interests them. And I try to get them to do so. Now is this bad? Unfair? Eh?