Week 8: Coalfield @ Oneida (MyVLT Thursday game)

crow

I know of who you speak.....big kid.  Of course, throwing a lineman into the pit might be somewhat more difficult than Parker's move last year.....at the district tournament in basketball.  Then again, as I said, he is a big kid and he might offer immediate assistance at this level.  I am gonna be perched for this game.....and TIVO it.....gonna eat the popcorn and enjoy the show.  Lot of water needs to dry up or the sledding could be tough.

Kazzer Kal

Oh, the thoughts of Thursday.  The high lift came to town yesterday, already in the south end zone.  The rain just softened the field.  It will not be raining come Thursday. The early arrivers to tailgate.  The fun that will be had.  The sense of concentration.  The building of the excitement.  So here we go:  

The little boys get on the big stage.  I remember how hard small school football is.  If anyone remembers the movie Necessary Roughness, when the defense took the field one guy ran on and one ran off, it was that way 25 yrs ago but a little different today.  If this game is close in the fourth, Oneida pulls it out based on the conditioning factor.  I say that on what I have seen from Oneida and the opponents they have faced.  Late in the game they were the better team.  I see them move a lot of players along the line and a steady rotation of ball carriers.  Don't be surprised to see Oneida do some stuff to finally try to win a game instead of trying not to lose it.  The ball will hit the air this week for the Indians.  

If Coalfield has to throw, they are beat.  How did the DBs play against GB? Something tells me they know how to respond.  the Coalfield QB can't carry them.  To have a chance it has to be a 14-7 7-0 game.  I know the coaches at Coalfield really well, and they know ball control and shortening the game is the only way too.

Good Luck to both, I pray for the players' health.  May the battle begin.  

Listen rtl112, you ain't going to find anyone low balling your crew.  When you go Oneida-Coalfield you can just forget Favorites/Underdog angle.  If Coalfield wins it would not be (imo) an upset and if Oneida wins we'll consider ourselves fortunate and move on.  I've seen favorites in this series get hammered and nothing in this rivalry plays to the script more times than not.  I've seen games where the only group that thought they had a chance was the kids and coaches on the sideline.  There is immense pride involved in both of these programs, so picking a winner/loser can usually be as simple as rolling dice or flipping a coin.  Especially when these two get together.  Coalfield has a lineman going to be playing on Saturdays in Neyland Stadium.....!  That Freshman QB is going to round out to being a nice little ballplayer (heck, apparently he already is...)  Addison Bible absolutely terrorized teams two years ago and last time I heard both of his legs still work fine.  I believe in my boys though.....they are earning their stripes each week.  We got some bullets too.  Who shoots the best can win this match-up.  Go Tribe Go....!

Kazalinity :thumb:

This game could go either way. Hard to say what could happen when your dealing with teenagers. :huh: .......... In saying that here are some key things I think Oneida will have to do to win the game.

1) Stop Bible and The freshman QB they are very hard to tackle and probably the fastest kids in the district. This means make some big plays in open field because these 2 kids seem to find themselves in open field a lot making big plays. Make the freshman beat you passing not running.

2) Block stewart every play enough said on that subject lol

Losing 2 of our key Running backs is very crucial in this game also. Adams was our "HOME RUN THREAT) and Newport is solid on both sides of the ball.

3) Oneidas DBS are gonna have to make some big plays.

4) I would think Oneida has the edge on the kicking game this could play a huge roll in field position, or maybe a key field goal.

5) win the turnover battle

Wilson (coalfields o coordinator) always throws a few wrinkles at the stingy Oneida defense curious to see what he comes up with this week.

Good luck to Oneida play a clean game and I like our chances :popcorneater:

This game could go either way. Hard to say what could happen when your dealing with teenagers. :huh: .......... In saying that here are some key things I think Oneida will have to do to win the game.

1) Stop Bible and The freshman QB they are very hard to tackle and probably the fastest kids in the district. This means make some big plays in open field because these 2 kids seem to find themselves in open field a lot making big plays. Make the freshman beat you passing not running.

2) Block stewart every play enough said on that subject lol

Losing 2 of our key Running backs is very crucial in this game also. Adams was our "HOME RUN THREAT) and Newport is solid on both sides of the ball.

3) Oneidas DBS are gonna have to make some big plays.

4) I would think Oneida has the edge on the kicking game this could play a huge roll in field position, or maybe a key field goal.

5) win the turnover battle

Wilson (coalfields o coordinator) always throws a few wrinkles at the stingy Oneida defense curious to see what he comes up with this week.

Good luck to Oneida play a clean game and I like our chances :popcorneater:

Great point about the kicking game,field position can be LARGE.Its alot easier to play down hill all night.

I think I know who they're talking about. But I saw a picture where he was given a chance to run the ball. That's scary athleticism out of a kid his size at this age.

Didnt mean to step on your toes.Where you been BD?I figured we would have heard your take of our game Fri unless i overlooked it.Anyway good luck,if those boys stay consitant they could cause some trouble in the post season.