Week 8: Coalfield @ Oneida (MyVLT Thursday game)

crow

Congrats on the win! I think you guys have a great chance to represent the east this yr. You've been my "sleeper" team(as odd as that seems talking about Oneida) all yr. I would love to see a TC vs Oneida matchup in the semis. Maybe fortune will be on both our sides. Good luck the rest of the way!

Oneida is a team we have also been keeping an eye on in Marion. I would like to play Oneida because I love playing teams you've not played before (not meaning that as trash talk). I for one hope it isn't a TC vs Oneida semi. I'm kinda hoping we can get in that conversation. Hopefully we can win our last 2 and keep our fingers crossed for that #1 seed so we don't have to travel. Good luck to both you guys the rest of the way (unless you draw us...lol)

My Ju Ju Tent got too smokey and I've been wondering around in the spirit world for the last 24 hours.  Loved the game.....actually saw myself on TV there once and gosh am I an ugly old coot!! :thumb:  The Oneida Boys can be cardiac kids some nights, huh?  Stewart is gonna be a handsome addition to UT Offensive Line in the future.  I'm not blinded by the kid with a better motor or others made more plays.....the absolute truth is very little goes right at him and when it does he stuffs it.  Whoever he was to block on the offensive plays he basically eliminates.  IMO, he is going to make an excellent offensive lineman in the next stage.

Bible still got two good legs.....!  And you would be an idiot to think he is not a capable weapon going forward.  Nice scoring run, Bro!

McKinney looks like he has a solid future in football, but right now (for my money) his basketball career is a little farther along.  Don't misinterpet that.....he a good QB too.....just needs little more seasoning. 

Coalfield is a viable contender in 1A....if you don't think so...they liable to beat your team!  That being said....they will probably enter playoffs at 6-4.

Kazzy

In regards to crows request on the GCA/GB/Bad calls thread,let me intervene I have to disagree with crow-dont climb my tree just yet ole buddy.I do think the whistle was blown too early(this is MY OPINION only no need to argue it,i couldnt hear the whistle on TV),BUT the worst thing that wasnt called on that drive was the CATCH it BOUNCED!Without that catch it doesnt matter they wouldnt have been on the goalline.This is not my OPINION this time it was shown on TV cant argue that one Posloth.It was a good game and i will give the jackets credit they played tough but as i said at the beginning of this thread they would lose in 21-7 range,that was pretty close.CHS played probably the best game of the yr,theyJust dont have the numbers with injuries and graduation.We are in the same boat,we just have a little more than CHS.

Edited by orngnblk

In regards to crows request on the GCA/GB/Bad calls thread,let me intervene I have to disagree with crow-dont climb my tree just yet ole buddy.I do think the whistle was blown too early(this is MY OPINION only no need to argue it,i couldnt hear the whistle on TV),BUT the worst thing that wasnt called on that drive was the CATCH it BOUNCED!Without that catch it doesnt matter they wouldnt have been on the goalline.This is not my OPINION this time it was shown on TV cant argue that one Posloth.It was a good game and i will give the jackets credit they played tough but as i said at the beginning of this thread they would lose in 21-7 range,that was pretty close.CHS played probably the best game of the yr,theyJust dont have the numbers with injuries and graduation.We are in the same boat,we just have a little more than CHS.

Yeah he musta been getting popcorn when the ole bounce-a-roo play happened. I didn't bring that up because it happened, we took the call & moved on. It was a bang-bang kinda thing & it went their way. The goal line whistle, if you read my earlier post, was early but go back & watch the play again, he was stopped & help was coming. Were those two both huge calls? Yep, if Coalfield punches in for a 2 possession lead that would've been huge just like it woulda been huge getting that incompletion called correctly that put them in position to be on the goal line to begin with.

Yeah he musta been getting popcorn when the ole bounce-a-roo play happened. I didn't bring that up because it happened, we took the call & moved on. It was a bang-bang kinda thing & it went their way. The goal line whistle, if you read my earlier post, was early but go back & watch the play again, he was stopped & help was coming. Were those two both huge calls? Yep, if Coalfield punches in for a 2 possession lead that would've been huge just like it woulda been huge getting that incompletion called correctly that put them in position to be on the goal line to begin with.

+1!

Deffineately an incomplete pass but who know what might have happenedif they had made the right call. Its all water under the bridge anyway. Ienjoyed the game and as Ifigured,the outcome was in doubt until late in the game. The interception sealed the deal.

Lets say it was good.....Oneida still got the scores in the second half.  If this had been 14-14, then I'm sure the arguement would be much more heated.  I recall that last drive being eeriely similiar to the one that occurred against GB.  With the game in balance, the Indians marched it right down into the endzone.  Both drives were all runs, speaks of outstanding conditioning and resolve to get it done dispite the obstacle.  It was a great game at GB and last week.....but, in both of these contests, the stronger fourth quarter team won.  And the Oneida D pitched a shutout in the second half....those things can not be denied.

Kazalooney Bin :thumb:

Lets say it was good.....Oneida still got the scores in the second half. If this had been 14-14, then I'm sure the arguement would be much more heated. I recall that last drive being eeriely similiar to the one that occurred against GB. With the game in balance, the Indians marched it right down into the endzone. Both drives were all runs, speaks of outstanding conditioning and resolve to get it done dispite the obstacle. It was a great game at GB and last week.....but, in both of these contests, the stronger fourth quarter team won. And the Oneida D pitched a shutout in the second half....those things can not be denied.

Kazalooney Bin :thumb:

They can't be denied but being down 16-0 makes a lot different gameplan than 8-0. And you should wear us and GB down when you are bigger than both of us combined.

Game plan is a lot different in second half if that score happens at half wich foreword progress was never stopped. Cf probably is content on running the football and the gift pick that oneida scores on probably doesn't happen. The catch that the oneida player attempted to make inside the five also was trapped on the ground also on 3rd and long and oneida probably doesn't score there either. But we could go on and on with this game the bottom line is officials are terrible in general. Oneida has a great team and will be pulling for them in the playoffs.