Mairvul vs. Will-Yum Blunt

STARSNBARS

I guess the question is whether Ensley gives MHS the best chance to win it all? I might bet you on the comment about QB the next two years. It would not surprise me or many here at MHS if a Sophomore starts next year. His older brother is a running back right now. He is pretty good as well. Competition is always a good thing to make everyone better.

Go REBELS!!!

I guess the question is whether Ensley gives MHS the best chance to win it all? I might bet you on the comment about QB the next two years. It would not surprise me or many here at MHS if a Sophomore starts next year. His older brother is a running back right now. He is pretty good as well. Competition is always a good thing to make everyone better.

Go REBELS!!!

Personally it don't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in the passing game the past few weeks and I'm dog gone sure the Air Force has their plans for number 1 to be a WR because of his height and blazing speed. It would be hard to imagine not taking advantage of his best uses to help this team get to the state. Now why I think 17 is the QB for the future has to do with his ability for being a total natural gifted athlete. I watched the freshmen play Alcoa and and lose because of a costly fumble and a under thrown pass behind an open receiver in the end zone. When I left that game my first thought was why are they wasting break away speed like that and not using them at running back. Maryville fan's are sometimes bad about electing someone into the NFL Hall of Fame before they have even played a game in high school yet. I could give you a list of three Herschel Walker's, three Payton Manning's and three Reggie White's that were the future of Maryville High School Football that never lived up to the billing but some of the fans that watched a few games here and there said they were a can't miss. 

Personally it don't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in the passing game the past few weeks and I'm dog gone sure the Air Force has their plans for number 1 to be a WR because of his height and blazing speed. It would be hard to imagine not taking advantage of his best uses to help this team get to the state. Now why I think 17 is the QB for the future has to do with his ability for being a total natural gifted athlete. I watched the freshmen play Alcoa and and lose because of a costly fumble and a under thrown pass behind an open receiver in the end zone. When I left that game my first thought was why are they wasting break away speed like that and not using them at running back. Maryville fan's are sometimes bad about electing someone into the NFL Hall of Fame before they have even played a game in high school yet. I could give you a list of three Herschel Walker's, three Payton Manning's and three Reggie White's that were the future of Maryville High School Football that never lived up to the billing but some of the fans that watched a few games here and there said they were a can't miss.

Thats falls on your recruiting coordinator....not the coaches or fans.

Thats falls on your recruiting coordinator....not the coaches or fans.

We don't have one of them , we have a sports public relations person that gets out and tells the butcher, then the butcher tells the baker , then then baker tells the candle stick maker and each time it's told it grows legs and takes off running. Then the next think you hear is Butch Jones has his eye's on someone for the class of 2018. 

Speaking of recruiting coordinator, your R.C. must be busy recruiting all those new players into that big apartment complex behind Lowe's. When they get that filled up Alcoa might be a Super 32 team .

There might be a chance WB might not have enough when they look at the new enrollments at that time. At Present they are just in by a nose and things could of changed but we don't know yet. The other problem is that the whole reason for setting it up this way was based on enrollment so it defeats the purpose if one of those schools wants to move down. What if Blackman wanted to move down, What would give WB the right to do that. There wouldn't be any and that's what I've been trying to say. This is just a bad mess in order for the T$$AA to make some money on playoff games. Go back to three or four classes where you didn't have this problem.

Just returned from the great north and needed to read some posts before bed.  I think most coaches prefer the old system. A few schools had travel problems which cost them money. The districting left some very small districts and teams like Alcoa having to twist and turn to get a 10 game competitive (relatively) schedule.  I say cut the classifications to just 5. It worked quite well. 

Schools in the most populous counties around the state all are susceptible to economic changes and will vary up or down in population, but usually have the money. Most of the rural counties stay constant unless a major employer leaves for some reason. It can be tougher on them. You'd be surprised how much money can be raised by a community in a short time. Or if there is a short fall, maybe the TSSAA can participate in the funding from monies derived in the play-offs. They take a percentage of the gate at every play-off game at every level. 

Edited by rebels