Lebanon Football

Yellowstone

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was him, I would not want my past success tarnished by the terrible program at Lebanon. I don't believe he is given much to work with out there. He needs to find a job with a high success rate (skilled athletes year in year out, better assistants, comprehensive administration, etc) unless he can land a job that enlists this, I wouldn't bother coaching anymore.

Lebanon is a dump. Vince Lombardi couldn't win there. It wasn't Brown, it wasn't Crane, and it isn't Harp. Terrible program with terrible athletes leads to terrible results.

I'm starting to believe it's almost impossible to get that place back to being competitive.  It amazes me with the amount of kids in that school that they can't find 40-50 good football players.   They have a division 1 RB in the backfield.....and literally no one surrounding him.  

Harp not being able to get them competitive has really raised some questions.  

I'm starting to believe it's almost impossible to get that place back to being competitive.  It amazes me with the amount of kids in that school that they can't find 40-50 good football players.   They have a division 1 RB in the backfield.....and literally no one surrounding him.  

Harp not being able to get them competitive has really raised some questions.  

Not competitive is right.  They've been blown out more times than I can count...

Psychological factors are part of the reason....... The kids on each grade level may have only won a few games of football their whole career. They don't know what it is like to win, they settle for mediocrity, that's all they know. They may have the skill to compete but the collective mentality on the team sways them to accept defeat, whereas teams like Beech, Hville, etc. will take a defeat and build off of those mistakes so it won't happen again. I'm not saying this is a huge factor, but I do believe it plays a minor role in why Lebanon seems to be okay with losing.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Psychological factors are part of the reason....... The kids on each grade level may have only won a few games of football their whole career. They don't know what it is like to win, they settle for mediocrity, that's all they know. They may have the skill to compete but the collective mentality on the team sways them to accept defeat, whereas teams like Beech, Hville, etc. will take a defeat and build off of those mistakes so it won't happen again. I'm not saying this is a huge factor, but I do believe it plays a minor role in why Lebanon seems to be okay with losing.

I agree.  It becomes the culture.  I've said the same thing before myself.  You don't need a coaching change alone (actual or scheme), you need a culture change and that takes a different person and a lot of time.  You have to make "everything" different, from the practice and game day routine to the uniforms!  It's not a scheme, it's a culture.

Perhaps this is for a different thread, but that's the reason I couldn't understand Portland hiring a new HC from the existing staff.  He may very well be a great coach, but he was part of the losing culture.

Edited by eers

It is never easy to execute a complete U-Turn, and no individual can do it on his/her own. In 5A & 6A it takes a complete "program" to compete. It is also hard for a struggling program to find "easy" wins in Sumner County.
1 D-1 RB cant do it all! He needs 40 other players...

1 decent Head Coach can't do it all! He needs 5-6 other solid coaches...

All personal opinions aside: I think LHS has the size to find 50-60 Athletes. I think LHS has pristine facilities to attract & facilitate kids throughout their four years in High School. I think the community of Lebanon has the ability to support (emotionally & financially) a program. I believe the potential is there... somewhere