CCS @ Marion

mc51

Recon everyone is still trying to find those magic plays! Old Pirate ain't seen an attempt to Boise up the play book thou. SP was dealt a serious blow losing their OC weeks before the season. Recon theys still in recovery mold with progress shown lately but the Pirates are short on gunpowder. Youngon, OP is thrilled to know your cage was rattled.......BYW, is you a water boy for SP or jest providing free psychic readings of inside the SP timeout huddles?

the truth  of the matter is this is our best chance to beat SP. and most of the last eight games have been one sided

Edited by FormerMCHSWarrior

the truth of the matter is this is our best chance to beat SP. and most of the last eight games have been one sided

You are right. Last year was your best shot during the streak, but this year you should win. Lets keep this in perspective as well. I mentioned this last season. If things fall a certain way there is still a chance two teams from the same county could be in Cookeville. I feel like both teams have improved since the jamboree. Obviously, SP has struggled more, but the kids play extremely hard and always fight until the last whistle. 1A and 2A in the east appear to be down so both teams have a shot. Marion should win next week, but that's why we call it a rivalry.

Old pirate you could say I'm pretty close to the water boy. I'm not one to go around spreading rumors I'm just not the gossiping kind.

Let me clear something up 1. I have no clue nor do I care what SP does on their practice field and/or during a game. I get on here to pick and poke fun like everyone else. 2.i think there is some great kids on SP's team as well as MC's. I would love to see SP win every game but the one against MC, and I would like to think most SP fans would feel the same way. The further our county goes in the playoffs the better it makes the whole county look.(Whitwell included). All that being said, if I have offended anyone with any of my past comments just remember it's all in fun. Good luck to all the county schools playing Friday night MC,SP and Whitwell.   

Truth,I garuntee you I want ever let you Marion people live down what you did last year. That was one for the ages. You made espn. I garuntee you some of the higher ups new that Hale man was practicing and getting paid. That Burnett man figured out real quick he did that mess. I bet that McCurry man didnt tell them he was going to paint the durn field house. You think im joking but im not.

Yes Roy it was one for the ages and yes it made ESPN, but I assure you if the principal at MC knew about it, it would not have happened. Mr. Ziegler like Mr. Wilson are both outstanding principals, who care a great deal about their schools and care even more about their students. The Marion County school system is lucky to have both of them.    

Let me clear something up 1. I have no clue nor do I care what SP does on their practice field and/or during a game. I get on here to pick and poke fun like everyone else. 2.i think there is some great kids on SP's team as well as MC's. I would love to see SP win every game but the one against MC, and I would like to think most SP fans would feel the same way. The further our county goes in the playoffs the better it makes the whole county look.(Whitwell included). All that being said, if I have offended anyone with any of my past comments just remember it's all in fun. Good luck to all the county schools playing Friday night MC,SP and Whitwell.

That's a classy comment my friend. We need more people like you in all of our communities.

Yes Roy it was one for the ages and yes it made ESPN, but I assure you if the principal at MC knew about it, it would not have happened. Mr. Ziegler like Mr. Wilson are both outstanding principals, who care a great deal about their schools and care even more about their students. The Marion County school system is lucky to have both of them.

Another great post. Some posters on here could learn something from you. Goodluck this week against the Sweatervests from Broad Street.

It's quite simple

The higher seed hosts through the first 3 rounds.  In odd number years the semi-final is hosted by quad 1 and quad 3.  In even number years quad 2 and quad 4 gets to host the semi-final.

This is 2014 an even number year

I may be wrong but I still think that seeding overrides that. That way a 5-5 team can't host in the semis, but hopefully you are right