Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

I'm sure not gonna listen to a sports writer whose paper doesn't even give Chatt Central the time of day in any article but now wants to pretend he knew about parents calling for Allen's head when he parted ways with the trainer.

So am I to understand similar allegations were raised before?

I hope not for the committee/panel that hired him, that would go over like a ! * in the punch bowl in Pantherland.

And none of them ever say he put a child in danger.  darn guys...Im not your enemy here,  Im just saying the facts as they were here in Chatt.  I wish Powell the best.  But dont jump on a bandwagon just for the sake of jumping.  If your child was adverseley affected by Allen then by all means get in his butt.  But otherwise I just dont think its right.

• 2 weeks later...

HTV I heard today parton from Farragut was headed to powell have you heard that?

That would surprise me.  Haven't talked to Rusty Partin since the pre-season, but i'm not sure he will leave Farragut, even for a head coaching job at his alma mater.  I get the impression that he is very happy where he is.  

I'll see what I can find out.  

And it will likely be a while before a coach is named.  I understand that the position didn't officially become vacant until November 1, so following Knox County protocol the job has to be advertised and interviews with qualified applicants conducted, which is at least a month long process in most cases.  

That would surprise me.  Haven't talked to Rusty Partin since the pre-season, but i'm not sure he will leave Farragut, even for a head coaching job at his alma mater.  I get the impression that he is very happy where he is.  

I'll see what I can find out.  

And it will likely be a while before a coach is named.  I understand that the position didn't officially become vacant until November 1, so following Knox County protocol the job has to be advertised and interviews with qualified applicants conducted, which is at least a month long process in most cases.  

I know his son was a senior this year at Farragut. He did leave a few years ago to go be a head coach somewhere, but came back, presumably to coach his son. Don't know him real well, so it will be interesting to see if he has some interest.