Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

You're right .......Kelly has been a certified coach for over five years so he is eligible however he is not interested in being head coach. I know this because I'm Missbiggcatt,,,,,lol but he does love those PANTHERS !!!

Eligible in terms of certification, but Knox County doesn't have any history of hiring non-faculty/administrative personnel as head football coaches.  Big fan of Kelly's.  He is a solid football coach and a good guy. Cudos to you for being able to put up with him, however.   :thumb:

You guys don't get it. It's up to the Powell community who the want and do t want. The community will get you in or OUT faster than anyone with KCS.

Yes, I do get it.  It's a different day than it was just a few years ago.  The community has little, if any, input in this day and time.  Knox County Schools is not the same system it was just a few short years ago.  If the community had input David Hawkins would have been offered the job twice.  

And an edit: If the community got what it wanted then Matt Lowe would have never left.

And this last guy never would have been hired. 

It's not as easy as just who the community wants.  Those days are long gone.    

Edited by HTV

Yes, I do get it.  It's a different day than it was just a few years ago.  The community has little, if any, input in this day and time.  Knox County Schools is not the same system it was just a few short years ago.  If the community had input David Hawkins would have been offered the job twice.  

And an edit: If the community got what it wanted then Matt Lowe would have never left.

And this last guy never would have been hired. 

It's not as easy as just who the community wants.  Those days are long gone.    

I completely agree. Spot on, as usual.

Just wondering is any playoff team coach interested in the Powell job?

Really nothing much to say on that yet.  The job hasn't even officially been posted on the Knox County Schools website yet.  

My opinion is that with all of the turmoil going on with that job over the last few years that there won't be a ton of interest from current successful head coaches this time around.  I've talked to several coaches in the area and the consensus is that it's going to be a tough row to hoe for whomever ends up being hired for that position right now.  

That said, I am still very much a Powell guy and I hope they can find a good fit this time around and that the program can rebound back to a competitive state sooner rather than later.  The young men in the program and the community desperately need some solid leadership and stability.