2A #1 ranked TCA vs top ranked Divsion 2A ECS

Intense

I was most pleased that TCA was not suckered into retaliating back against ECS.  We showed extreme discipline to stand our ground and not let our emotions get the best of us.  Basically, every time they smacked us in the mouth and drew blood, we stood up, spit out the blood and said "Is that all you got?"

Kyle Akin showed why he is one of, if not the leading candidate for Mr. Football.  Unofficially, he threw for over 450 yards and 5 touchdowns.  He was also the leading rusher for TCA.  TCA also had three wide outs go over 100 yards each catching the football.  Eli Parker, Grant Reviere, and Landon Ross came up "Aces" tonight.  Many others made key plays all during the course of the game.  

I have called many a great game over the years.  This game ranks as one of the top 2 or three that I have ever been a part of.  Well done men.  Well done indeed.

WOW!!!!   heck of a turn around...what a difference a year makes

very well played TCA...just oustanding...i wasnt sure if u had it in u...such a huge step imo

still some hurdles left...but dang...if u can take down ecs u can definitely make some noise in the playoffs...

CONGRATS!!!  from tech ball

Interesting facts from game: TCA had 3 receivers with over 100 yards receiving(Ross, Parker and Reviere) with a 4th(smith) with almost 90 yards. Hard to defend that many good receivers! Running game only had 75 yards rushing and was limited with our top RB(Goldsmith) being out. 75 was just enough to keep the defense honest. TCA had a total of 525 yards offense against the best defense we have seen all year. On the defensive side our boys really stepped up! ECS was averaging 42 pts per game and we held them to 28. Bigger factor that doesn't show up in stats was a two or three huge stops on 4th down! TCA's defense is a notch better than last year. This was a huge win! I suspect ECS will be in D2A championship game against Webb in Cookeville. ECS has a great tradition of winning. This could be the biggest regular season win for TCA in the history of the program. Confidence is there, injuries are healing, time to get it done!!

Interesting facts from game: TCA had 3 receivers with over 100 yards receiving(Ross, Parker and Reviere) with a 4th(smith) with almost 90 yards. Hard to defend that many good receivers! Running game only had 75 yards rushing and was limited with our top RB(Goldsmith) being out. 75 was just enough to keep the defense honest. TCA had a total of 525 yards offense against the best defense we have seen all year. On the defensive side our boys really stepped up! ECS was averaging 42 pts per game and we held them to 28. Bigger factor that doesn't show up in stats was a two or three huge stops on 4th down! TCA's defense is a notch better than last year. This was a huge win! I suspect ECS will be in D2A championship game against Webb in Cookeville. ECS has a great tradition of winning. This could be the biggest regular season win for TCA in the history of the program. Confidence is there, injuries are healing, time to get it done!!

Sounds like you guys are ready for November.  Tough road ahead.

I would have to rank the TCA win over ECS as one of the top 2 wins in the entire history of the football program.  The only game that might top the ECS win would be the win over McKenzie in the state semi finals back in 2010.  But, they were big wins in different ways.  We were not supposed to be there in 2010.  It was an upset in every since of the word.  As a broadcaster though, the ECS win was more satisfying.  To me, the ECS win validated us state wide as a team that is going to have to be dealt with at a high level.  Many did not think we deserved to be ranked #1 in the state.  This win proved that we have earned the right to be ranked as high as we are.  I have seen every down that this senior class has ever played in varsity competition. They started out as young boys who didn't know what the business end of a razor was for.  I have seen them turn into young MEN right before my eyes.  They found a way to win against an outstanding opponent in ECS when the decks were stacked against them before the game ever started.  I am very happy to have been a part of that historic game.

• 3 years later...
On 10/24/2014 at 10:04 PM, Intense said:

28-28 in 4th. ECS is dirtiest team I have ever seen!

On 10/24/2014 at 10:08 PM, Intense said:

7:30 TCA ball 28-28. Cheap shot after cheap shot!! Humdinger of a game though!

On 10/24/2014 at 10:10 PM, Intense said:

We have lost at least 4 players to injuries already! I can't believe officials are allowing these cheap shots! They have called a solid game otherwise.

On 10/24/2014 at 10:21 PM, Intense said:

Another cheap shot on our QB Akin. They finally got penalized!

This still rings true as I have seen ECS play; amazing, four years later different coach and they still are cheap shot artists