GCA visits Rockwood!

Raven52

except your entire post suggests that you have knowledge that they didn't recruit when again you said you have no idea of the situation. so maybe you shouldn't comment either? this is like the blind leading the blind. no one knows, but both sides are for sure that they're right. just shut up and leave the issue alone. it's over and it's in the past. lets move on.

Well, no it really doesn't. I even put in all caps for you. I'm not expressing an opinion either way because I really, really don't know. I said "really" twice this time instead of the all caps thing which didn't work earlier.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a idiot ive never ran to Cumberland County. Jet Pride was made because I had a friend in the CCHS band back in 2002. Learn the facts about someone before you run your mouth

My last post on this, I feel like I'm starting to sound petty, did you really just suggest to someone else to learn facts before running off at the mouth? Wow.

Last time I checked Grace was busted by the tssaa for cheating. That a FACT

Keep leaning on that crutch sooner or later it will break. If you actually knew the situation you may not be so quick to judge. Seriously though it was 2007 they were penalized an it's over. It's not like we are Webb. Explaining this will do no good anyway. I thought you were focusing on midway? I hope sor smacks you in the mouth!

This is silly the rules is the rues and I won't complane about the public vs privates until open zone schools like Alcoa that gets to play by the same rules as GCA, CAK and Catholic but at a fraction of the cost.

Well informed and well researched post! isn't Oneida also an open zone?

I don't think so. I was refering to open zoned tuition schools that have low tuition that have it better than anyone else no 1.8 multiplier and very low $tuition.

I'm done with this one on to RW @ SOR Love those Tigers

I don't think so. I was refering to open zoned tuition schools that have low tuition that have it better than anyone else no 1.8 multiplier and very low $tuition.

I'm done with this one on to RW @ SOR Love those Tigers

Let's hook back up next week and talk some football on this thread...if it doesn't get shut down before then. Good luck this week, should be a win for the Tigers.

Oh they recruit and so does alot of schools, parents and kids do most of the recruiting.

I'm a parent, and I can promise you that this school has never had a bigger billboard than this guy. My family has a ton invested in this place, and I tell everyone how great a place it is, IF you can afford it. I don't think that's recruiting by definition, just sharing what a great place it is to raise your kids.

Yes & no. Oneida is a city school system but the school system has received supplemental funding from the county government for many years so there isn't a "zone" for either high school in Scott county. Any kid in Scott county in or out of Oneida can go to Oneida without any fees or other charges they just won't have school bus services at their home. On the other side of that any kid inside the city limits can attend the county school without any fees as well. There are several kids from each that go to the other.

Edited by crow

Then shouldn't all county schools have a multiplier? Every kid in their county can go there if it's the only school. The biggest advantage with a private school is that they have options. Options as to how many students they want, they can accept or reject any student that applies. If they want to be in a certain classification they have the ability. If GCA wants out of 2A in 2 years all they have to do is decide to do that. Do the math & cut or add enough students to move up or back down. 20% is the number. Also options to add strength & conditioning classes in place of the traditional public school pick up games of basketball or ping pong in the gym at public school. Football players can take a "history of the no huddle" class or whatever class the coach decides he needs to teach basically adding an hour of film or play book study that any student could attend if they chose it as an elective. Meanwhile public schools that used to allow athletes with last period study hall to go work out have been forced to stop the practice (many including Oneida no longer allow this).

The ability to hire people that happen to be very talented individuals in the personal training world to "team teach" a conditioning class is not an option many publics have. While I can appreciate the comparison it's really apples & oranges & most know that. I mean do you really need to apply a multiplier to Scott High? What option would the students have other than go there if Oneida were zoned? I guess they both do have zones, you do have to live in the geographic boundaries of Scott County, Tn :lol:

Edited by crow