GCA visits Rockwood!

Raven52

That hurt my head to read all of that. My opinion is that if you can go to any school in a county, without penalty by the TSSAA, there should be a multiplier added to those county schools. Should it be the 1.8? No, but it should be something, as a previous poster applied.

We accept anyone who can pay the tuition to attend the academy. It's a ministry of the church. Heck, we wish we were in 6A. It would greatly improve our community if we could get that # of kids in the school.

By the way, we have one heck of a strength and conditioning coach, and he's available all day long. #getstrongeratGCA

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That hurt my head to read all of that. My opinion is that if you can go to any school in a county, without penalty by the TSSAA, there should be a multiplier added to those county schools. Should it be the 1.8? No, but it should be something, as a previous poster applied.

We accept anyone who can pay the tuition to attend the academy. It's a ministry of the church. Heck, we wish we were in 6A. It would greatly improve our community if we could get that # of kids in the school.

By the way, we have one heck of a strength and conditioning coach, and he's available all day long. #getstrongeratGCA

And I  bet that the strength coach makes more money than most Head Coaches in these small rural schools.

And I  bet that the strength coach makes more money than most Head Coaches in these small rural schools.

What in the world does it matter what the Strength and Conditioning Coach makes at GCA (or anywhere, for that matter)? I hope he is paid more than other coaches, he's that good.

Your post is petty and is in pour taste. The kid flipping burgers in Elizabethton at McD's makes far less than the kid in Pigeon Forge flipping at McD's, but they are the same burgers, and I like them both the same.

What in the world does it matter what the Strength and Conditioning Coach makes at GCA (or anywhere, for that matter)? I hope he is paid more than other coaches, he's that good.

Your post is petty and is in pour taste. The kid flipping burgers in Elizabethton at McD's makes far less than the kid in Pigeon Forge flipping at McD's, but they are the same burgers, and I like them both the same.

Why it matters is that the small rural schools usually only pay 3 to 5 coaches...very little I might add those burger flippers you talked about make probly 3 times what they do. Thus leaving it up to the same 3 or 4 coaches to do everything plus teach classes all day. Also making it hard to get good speciality coaches like a strength Coach to want to come somewhere and VOLUNTEER their time. I have never seen a small rural public PAY someone just to be the strength coach. It makes a difference ..

Oh by the way the burger flippers in Elizabethton make the same minimum wage that the burger flippers in PF do...and yes they are both still pretty good!

Why it matters is that the small rural schools usually only pay 3 to 5 coaches...very little I might add those burger flippers you talked about make probly 3 times what they do. Thus leaving it up to the same 3 or 4 coaches to do everything plus teach classes all day. Also making it hard to get good speciality coaches like a strength Coach to want to come somewhere and VOLUNTEER their time. I have never seen a small rural public PAY someone just to be the strength coach. It makes a difference ..

Oh by the way the burger flippers in Elizabethton make the same minimum wage that the burger flippers in PF do...and yes they are both still pretty good!

Coach, I understand your post and I agree with it. The post about our S&C Coach making more than other coaches was what I was talking about. It doesn't matter, in that context. In your post, it makes sense. I understand it's an EXTREME luxury to have a Strength Coach as a part of the program.

By the way, the burger flippers I referred to in the post were accurate. The guys in Elizabethton and many other areas make minimum wage. The reason I referenced Pigeon Forge is that I saw an ad begging for flippers at $12 per hour. Quite a bit more than minimum wage to do the same job.

Coach, I understand your post and I agree with it. The post about our S&C Coach making more than other coaches was what I was talking about. It doesn't matter, in that context. In your post, it makes sense. I understand it's an EXTREME luxury to have a Strength Coach as a part of the program.

By the way, the burger flippers I referred to in the post were accurate. The guys in Elizabethton and many other areas make minimum wage. The reason I referenced Pigeon Forge is that I saw an ad begging for flippers at $12 per hour. Quite a bit more than minimum wage to do the same job.

We had a parent of a player volunteer to be a strength Coach a few years back...was very good at it and was a HUGE luxury for us for a couple years. Rarely have a parent volunteer that much time AND do a good job. Now we are back to same 3 or 4 coaches doing it.

Ive never seen fast food in Sevier county pay more than minimum wage...they must be trying to keep up with the west coast yuppies nowadays..lol

We had a parent of a player volunteer to be a strength Coach a few years back...was very good at it and was a HUGE luxury for us for a couple years. Rarely have a parent volunteer that much time AND do a good job. Now we are back to same 3 or 4 coaches doing it.

Ive never seen fast food in Sevier county pay more than minimum wage...they must be trying to keep up with the west coast yuppies nowadays..lol

Might have been a Burger King ad....lol, point taken, and point made.

You're a week early, we're still discussing recruiting, coaching staff's, volunteers, budgets, and burger flippers. We got this thread under control this week. We'll get back to football and predictions after Rockwood plays Friday night.

Fellars got do something in a bye week. 'Pride, you gonna go catch a game our are you gonna take the week off also?

If you don't understand the the completely different circumstances of you're school and the small pubics,you need to check it out sometime. Its easy to sit up on you're high horse and look down at others. My post has plenty of merit and everyone but you understands it.