Cookeville @ LaVergne

oldfan41

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is people don't understand the word bias..... They lack realism and can't deal with the truth. Lavergne is no doubt the better team. Welcome to real Middle TN football cookeville fans.

I believe you mean "Welcome to real Rutherford County football". Let's not act like District 9-AAA is in the same ball park as Rutherford county. Your district's talent level is down this year, and you haven't beaten them either.

Thanks for the kind words, UpperCumberlandMan. We know what WCP's agenda is. It'd be interesting to hear why you hate Cookeville as well. :popcorneater:  

I believe you mean "Welcome to real Rutherford County football". Let's not act like District 9-AAA is in the same ball park as Rutherford county. Your district's talent level is down this year, and you haven't beaten them either.

Thanks for the kind words, UpperCumberlandMan. We know what WCP's agenda is. It'd be interesting to hear why you hate Cookeville as well. :popcorneater:

Because cookeville schedules 1a powerhouses such as Monterey and then goes on to lose to terrible teams that are actually in their classification

Cookeville football is not where it needs to be!!!!  I think anyone around their program would tell you that.  They have a long way to go to compete with Blackman and Oakland.  I personally think that they can play with the rest of the RuCo teams this year.  It was a close game until late in the fourth quarter.  I do think that they kinda let up after coming up short on fourth down.  It went from 24-17 to 38-17 quick.  However I do think it was a very very competitve game.  Cookeville played without  their starting TE, who is a big key in the offense(blocking).  They didn't know that he wasn't playing until 2 minutes before kickoff.

Be interesting to see how Lavergne and Siegel play out this week.  

UCM-we know how you feel about Cookeville, their coaches, players, and program.  Therapy Man.  Therapy.  

Johnny-guess Cookeville should schedule the powerhouse Bee's in the future.  

Edited by Reilavac1

You wanting to act like 1 year being down makes the district never as good as 7AAA, then I can do the same thing and look back at the last 5 years and let's see who has had more success:

9AAA

State Championship appearances: 4

Won:2

Semi Finalist:4

Quarter Finalist: too many to remember.

7AAA:

State Championship appearances: 1

Won: 0

Quarter finalist: probably as many as 9AAA.

Yes 7AAA is good and everybody knows that. But don't act like 9AAA is just not in the same ballpark during most years...those top two stats say it all.

Edited by thegreatone36

Because cookeville schedules 1a powerhouses such as Monterey and then goes on to lose to terrible teams that are actually in their classification

I agree that a 6a team should never schedule a school that small.  That is a disgrace.

I don't agree that LaVergne is "terrible" though.  They have some future d-1 college players but just not a very good coach I've read on here.  Compared to Oakland, etc. they are terrible maybe.  Compared to the rest of Nashville/middle-TN (except for Ravenwood this year) they are average to above average.  I still have to pull for Siegel in their game tomorrow night as the sea-gulls would be a better representative in the playoffs.  LHS would be one-&-done for sure.

Johnny-guess Cookeville should schedule the powerhouse Bee's in the future.

Upperman would be a better game than Monterey. You'd probably lose half the time too. Last year y'all would've been slaughtered.

Nrgrizzlies- maybe terrible is the wrong word, average fits better. Now cookeville would be the terrible team :)

Edited by JohnnyRay

You wanting to act like 1 year being down makes the district never as good as 7AAA, then I can do the same thing and look back at the last 5 years and let's see who has had more success:

9AAA

State Championship appearances: 4

Won:2

Quarter Finalist: too many to remember.

7AAA:

State Championship appearances: 1

Won: 0

Quarter finalist: probably as many as 9AAA.

Yes 7AAA is good and everybody knows that. But don't act like 9AAA is just not in the same ballpark during most years...those top two stats say it all.

Most of those championship appearances and stats are from 5-A schools, and Hendersonville got blown out in the 6-A State Championship. Everyone knows that Hendersonville couldn't have beaten Oakland or Blackman last year. Those are meaningless. The 3rd place team in your district right now has a 4-5 record. Again, It's Rutherford County then the rest of Middle Tennessee.

Johnny, I'd be worried about Cannon County instead of Cookeville if I were you. Cannon County did something this year that you obviously couldn't. That is beat Smith County. :thumb: 

How many appearance would RuCo have if it weren't for taking each other out and Maryville???

Cookeville is a work in progress.  This team is better than most Cookeville teams that I have seen.  I think Coach Maynord has them going in the right direction.  It will be hard week in and week out in Murfreesboro.  We will see.  I give the RuCo schools their props.  They are SEC of 6A.  Maryville/Whitehaven are others that you have to deal with yearly.  The rest of us are trying to get there.  

Edited by Reilavac1