Smith County @ Macon County

Hsfootballnut

Smith's offense will get healthy Friday night. I've seen nothing from Macon to predict a W, regardless of how bad Smith is playing.

Come on man give MC a little credit would you. They are a very young team that are lead by the QB and RB. We have played three of our last four games without one or the other. They will come ready to play Friday night. They may be losing a little faith in their coaches but they will fight for each other!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man give MC a little credit would you. They are a very young team that are lead by the QB and RB. We have played three of our last four games without one or the other. They will come ready to play Friday night. They may be losing a little faith in their coaches but they will fight for each other!!!

No question that both teams are sucking hind t*t. I really don't know what to expect. I still think that SC would have to prove themselves before they got out of their practice uniforms for games. Dirty, stinking and soiled. Right now they don't deserve nice clean game uniforms to represent SC the way they are playing. Each players numbers are on their practice jerseys so would be no problem. No way to go but UP for SC. Bashing Owls? No, just a realist.

Have the last 5 quarters of OwlBall been rough? Definitely. I'm not calling for chicken little yet. #SCP4LIFE > #SCPASLONGASTHEYPLAYGOOD

If King was able to play tonight, there would be 4 (four) freshmen starting tonight. King is ok but won't be ready for tonight. Has a neck brace on and very sore. Goolsby braced up for shoulder stinger. Some other starters will not see as much playing time either. Coaching staff taking quality young players and getting them ready with as much experience as can be gained. GREAT MOVE !!! I think we are down to 4, maybe 5 seniors left on the team. I couldn't understand why last week John Michael kept coming out of the game - the cast on his hand split in half and the trainers had to keep re-taping the cast back on his hand. Tough kid. 

Guest Termite

If King was able to play tonight, there would be 4 (four) freshmen starting tonight. King is ok but won't be ready for tonight. Has a neck brace on and very sore. Goolsby braced up for shoulder stinger. Some other starters will not see as much playing time either. Coaching staff taking quality young players and getting them ready with as much experience as can be gained. GREAT MOVE !!! I think we are down to 4, maybe 5 seniors left on the team. I couldn't understand why last week John Michael kept coming out of the game - the cast on his hand split in half and the trainers had to keep re-taping the cast back on his hand. Tough kid. 

Not sure I completely agree. You have 2 games left, a shot at the playoffs, and your getting quality young players ready??  Ready for what?? You always put the best players on the field, treat them all the same, and hold them all accountable no matter what grade they are in. By this time in the season, you already know who the best players are. Be careful about the message your sending to the team.

Not sure I completely agree. You have 2 games left, a shot at the playoffs, and your getting quality young players ready??  Ready for what?? You always put the best players on the field, treat them all the same, and hold them all accountable no matter what grade they are in. By this time in the season, you already know who the best players are. Be careful about the message your sending to the team.

I see your point, but look at the last 21/2 games - I had MUCH have a quality young player than continue the way we have played with older players. A quality young player will give much more effort than we have seen recently. I had rather get beat with young players who will be back for three more years than with seniors. If the CC game had been a fluke or some specific reason, yeah, you might want to give this a second thought. After the effort and stupid mistakes by seasoned players, to get beat by CC would seal the deal with me. What leadership on the field do we have? Absolutely ZERO. This is the responsibility of the seniors to be leaders.  Just my opinion. 

I dont like the way any of this mess sounds!! You still have a shot at 2nd in the district. Motivate the dang boys, stop with the boohooo and lets get out there and do this thing!! We all know this team is capable of waaaayyyyy better than this. We need to do this, we need to do that, we need to play quality bla bla and whatever. No. What we need to do is shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang ground.