Smith County @ Macon County

Hsfootballnut

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you mean Alcoa and Cookeville?  I'll take those losses to better teams, Two or three years ago SC was bashed for a weak schedule. That "uncle Jimmy" schedules weak teams. It don't get them ready for the playoffs.  NOW SC schedule is too tough. Heck fire , SC was bashed for not playing better teams in fall scrimmages. Watertown and Clay. Anybody remember that ( UMC)?? 

It's the ones that SC should have won that make the difference. SC lost 1 game last year they should have won, and 3 (so far) this year. Loosing to teams that you should beat don't have a da** thing to do with scheduling, especially if they are in your district.

The Goat sez: Uncle Jimmy's only coaching talent is setting the schedule to make his record look good. Just for good measure, he reversed tactic before he left Carthage so he would look even better in hindsight. Then he jumped ship to a program with an even weaker schedule than he's used too.

He brain washed the owl fans so bad that they still refuse to acknowledge what's happening to them and even consider it an honor to be thrown over this barrel.

Mancoverage sez: Goat, leave the Smith County Patty Hearsts alone. 

Edited by mancoverage

I assume you mean Alcoa and Cookeville? I'll take those losses to better teams, Two or three years ago SC was bashed for a weak schedule. That "uncle Jimmy" schedules weak teams. It don't get them ready for the playoffs. NOW SC schedule is too tough. Heck fire , SC was bashed for not playing better teams in fall scrimmages. Watertown and Clay. Anybody remember that ( UMC)??

It's the ones that SC should have won that make the difference. SC lost 1 game last year they should have won, and 3 (so far) this year. Loosing to teams that you should beat don't have a da** thing to do with scheduling, especially if they are in your district.

there is a diffrence between tough winnable games and beatdowns. SC had no chance this year or last to compete with Ckv and Alcoa.

The Goat sez: Uncle Jimmy's only coaching talent is setting the schedule to make his record look good. Just for good measure, he reversed tactic before he left Carthage so he would look even better in hindsight. Then he jumped ship to a program with an even weaker schedule than he's used too.

He brain washed the owl fans so bad that they still refuse to acknowledge what's happening to them and even consider it an honor to be thrown over this barrel.

Mancoverage sez: Goat, leave the Smith County Patty Hearsts alone.

Ckv plays Monterey and SC plays Alcoa....something is wrong with this picture. That's why Jimmy would get beat by 5-5 PC is 1st round and why Ckv losst to last place Lavergne by 21 Friday.

Guest Termite

Ckv plays Monterey and SC plays Alcoa....something is wrong with this picture. That's why Jimmy would get beat by 5-5 PC is 1st round and why Ckv losst to last place Lavergne by 21 Friday.

There you go again. I thought you have stopped that for a while. Talking from both sides of your mouth again.

SC lost to a 5-5 PC because of a weak schedule (according to you) I may be wrong but it would seem to me, if you don't want to play a weak schedule, you have to play a tougher schedule, THAT IS, if those better teams will play you. AND if you have UCM's crystal ball to see how good lil johnny is going to be in 2-3 years.White House stopped playing SC, Wetmoreland stopped playing SC, and on and on....  

Put any kind of spin you want to on it. That's what you do. " It was the schedule, too tough, too soft, weak scrimmages...., etc"  but the fact remains, SC has lost 4 (could be 5) games in the last 2 years they should have won.

Im with you guys on that maynord crap. He wont be able to avoid the beatdown district hes gonna get next year tho. I love it!!

The Goat sez: Coincidently, the market for potentional new Team National suckers investors is getting low in the Cookeville market. Wonder what teams that are going to a weaker district will need a new coach next year?

Mancoverage sez: Now Goat, that's not how we make friends. 

There you go again. I thought you have stopped that for a while. Talking from both sides of your mouth again.

SC lost to a 5-5 PC because of a weak schedule (according to you) I may be wrong but it would seem to me, if you don't want to play a weak schedule, you have to play a tougher schedule, THAT IS, if those better teams will play you. AND if you have UCM's crystal ball to see how good lil johnny is going to be in 2-3 years.White House stopped playing SC, Wetmoreland stopped playing SC, and on and on....  

Put any kind of spin you want to on it. That's what you do. " It was the schedule, too tough, too soft, weak scrimmages...., etc"  but the fact remains, SC has lost 4 (could be 5) games in the last 2 years they should have won.

The Goat sez: You tell'em Termite, Uncle Jimmy was trying his best to schedule tough opponents the whole while he was at Carthage. He played Pearl Cohn almost annually!

Sure is a lot of love in this room. Heres how it really is. SC sucks, Macon Co sucks, Upperman sucks, York sucks, Dekalb sucks, Cannon Co sucks, LA is good, but not that good. What makes these games so good is the fact that we all suck so bad our games are close. Happy sucking everyone.

Nah, LA sucks too