South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

In my opinion TCA is the favorite to win it all. I believe we have a good enough team to get there. Trousdale is a good team with Harper back. The reason I want to play them again is we weren't the team we showed last year. Just to prove we are better than that. Everybodys goal is to win it all but it's one game at a time. Adamsville and TCA are the teams to beat in my opinion. Whether or not we get there is another thing.

In my opinion TCA is the favorite to win it all. I believe we have a good enough team to get there. Trousdale is a good team with Harper back. The reason I want to play them again is we weren't the team we showed last year. Just to prove we are better than that. Everybodys goal is to win it all but it's one game at a time. Adamsville and TCA are the teams to beat in my opinion. Whether or not we get there is another thing.

Trousdale is nowhere close to the team they fielded last season. You should have no problem reaching Cookeville.

LOL. Sorry you're hurt. Maybe you guys can get it next year. Oh wait Trousdale is 1A next year

I wasn't asking about SP desire to get to Cookeville. That's the goal every year. It seems like the warrior faithful on here is selling their team a little short. You wanna make sure you break the streak and get revenge on trousdale. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

I wasn't asking about SP desire to get to Cookeville. That's the goal every year. It seems like the warrior faithful on here is selling their team a little short. You wanna make sure you break the streak and get revenge on trousdale. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

I like our chances with Trousdale, at home especially. Not trash talking them at all. Just a little redemption for that debacle last year. Hopefully it ends up like 2 yrs ago.

For all you purple posters out there, you are all sure that this is the year the streak ends, and you are certainly entitled to believe that. You have a talented group of young men that have played well this year. But my question for you is this: is beating SP gonna satisfy you guys.......... I'm sure Blake Zeman would exchange a win tomorrow night for a shot at the gold ball. I'm not sure the warrior fans feel the same way.

HR#'s, I'm no longer the dedicated, unapologetic MC fan I was in the past but, I'll take a shot at this.  Speaking only for myself, I admit that in 06 I'd have been more satisfied with a single win over SP than the few wins MC managed, 07 same thought, and by 08, looking back, darned right, I'd personally give even that season up for just that one never achieved win over the Pirates.  Coaching ability of Vic has been questioned by some.  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, knew both MC and SP starters individual abilities any better than I did in '08.  That '08 SP team, and I don't care who disagrees, was no more overall talented than the '08 MC team, yet they pasted MC early. MC coach, who I admire still, was simply out coached in his first Head Coach outing. JMO but nobody will ever change it. So yeah, there are, in any given year, plenty of fans, possbily players also, who would exchange any success just to experience that one win over the other.  Unrealistic and certainly not prevalent, but it exists, on both sides, and everyone knows it.  MC fans are going to relish their teams achievement Friday night just as fervently as SP fans have enjoyed the past eight years. 

I'm personally going to enjoy the game, regardless the outcome.  Since no family member currently plays for either team, that old intensity over this game just ain't there anymore.  When immediate family participates, gloves are off and any season success rests, IMO, squarely on this games outcome.

MC is the favorite and should be. With that being said I expect this game to be closer than expected. SP shouldn't use injuries as an excuse it what it is. We are playing our rival in our house if that doesn't motivate you as a player something is wrong. Both teams need to stay injury free for the playoffs with that being said I don't expect either to play for the gold ball. Prediction sp 21 mc 20. #9 in a row!

MC is the favorite and should be. With that being said I expect this game to be closer than expected. SP shouldn't use injuries as an excuse it what it is. We are playing our rival in our house if that doesn't motivate you as a player something is wrong. Both teams need to stay injury free for the playoffs with that being said I don't expect either to play for the gold ball. Prediction sp 21 mc 20. #9 in a row!

Both teams have a better chance of playing for a gold ball than that prediction has of coming true. LMBO
  • Upvote 2

HR#'s, I'm no longer the dedicated, unapologetic MC fan I was in the past but, I'll take a shot at this.  Speaking only for myself, I admit that in 06 I'd have been more satisfied with a single win over SP than the few wins MC managed, 07 same thought, and by 08, looking back, darned right, I'd personally give even that season up for just that one never achieved win over the Pirates.  Coaching ability of Vic has been questioned by some.  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, knew both MC and SP starters individual abilities any better than I did in '08.  That '08 SP team, and I don't care who disagrees, was no more overall talented than the '08 MC team, yet they pasted MC early. MC coach, who I admire still, was simply out coached in his first Head Coach outing. JMO but nobody will ever change it. So yeah, there are, in any given year, plenty of fans, possbily players also, who would exchange any success just to experience that one win over the other.  Unrealistic and certainly not prevalent, but it exists, on both sides, and everyone knows it.  MC fans are going to relish their teams achievement Friday night just as fervently as SP fans have enjoyed the past eight years. 

I'm personally going to enjoy the game, regardless the outcome.  Since no family member currently plays for either team, that old intensity over this game just ain't there anymore.  When immediate family participates, gloves are off and any season success rests, IMO, squarely on this games outcome.

While I appreciate your willingness to defend those that would take a win over the arch rival versus a state championship, I have to respectfully disagree on a couple of points. I will actually agree that you are prob spot on with some people in both towns concerned more about the rivalry win than the title but I would say not as much in SP, especially in these last 7-8 years. A lot of folks have posted how spoiled we are down here, that anything short of a title game opportunity is disappointing. My second point of friction is about the 2008 Pirate team. Although not as talented as the 07 team that blasted Mckenzie for the title, I would have to give the 08 team that was on a 28 game winning streak an overwhelming nod over the 08 Warriors. You said it was coaching, or coaching inexperience that hurt the Warriors. In a close game I might agree, but in a game that had a 48-13 final, not so much. The 08 team lost a heartbreaker in one of the coldest games I've ever witnessed. Just my opinion, but again, I do appreciate your argument. Go Pirates!