Loudon high school

DaGlove

Wasn't just Alcoa that this affected. CAK had trouble finding games after Loudon moved as well. Rankin had nothing left to prove to Fulton. You don't yank the chain of the Big Dog and expect to get rewarded. Go find a team you can beat Fulton cause Rankin don't need you anymore...

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/loudon-moved-to-district-5-aa-alcoas-gary-rankin

+1!!

Wasn't just Alcoa that this affected. CAK had trouble finding games after Loudon moved as well. Rankin had nothing left to prove to Fulton. You don't yank the chain of the Big Dog and expect to get rewarded. Go find a team you can beat Fulton cause Rankin don't need you anymore...

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/loudon-moved-to-district-5-aa-alcoas-gary-rankin

ever stop to think how it helped the teams in that district that Loudon went too ..and the travel that it saved Loudon  .. there were more teams it helped than it hurt ..   

ever stop to think how it helped the teams in that district that Loudon went too ..and the travel that it saved Loudon  .. there were more teams it helped than it hurt ..   

Thank you Tadvols. I was told it saved Loudon over 6000 a year in travel expense across all sports. Thats why Jody voted for it. It was the right thing to do. Everybody cant afford a turf field and a jumbotron LOL. The problem is Alcoa didnt get their way for once and they didn't like it!

Thank you Tadvols. I was told it saved Loudon over 6000 a year in travel expense across all sports. Thats why Jody voted for it. It was the right thing to do. Everybody cant afford a turf field and a jumbotron LOL. The problem is Alcoa didnt get their way for once and they didn't like it!

So true .. upsetting the rich is better than crippling the poor .. Im sure CAK and Alcoa can afford a little travel costs if they can afford turf fields etc ... well said !!

Why can it not just be congrats to the Redskins for a great year. I did not see people lining up to play Alcoa when Loudon had to play them 8 years in a row. They were complaining about not finding games even then. Some schools do not have under armour contracts and turf and finances do come into play during the season. It is amazing with open enrollment, how talent just seems to roll in from other counties. It would be easier for every school to win if they got the best athletes from other counties. More people at the TSSAA voted for Loudon to move to make the quads even and help with expenses, not just Jody Wright. Some of the best coaches are the ones that can win with the talent they are dealt from their towns, not the ones that have several athletes that "commute" to their schools to play. Great job to the Loudon coaches and players on a great season!! Everything is not about Alcoa

Why can it not just be congrats to the Redskins for a great year. I did not see people lining up to play Alcoa when Loudon had to play them 8 years in a row. They were complaining about not finding games even then. Some schools do not have under armour contracts and turf and finances do come into play during the season. It is amazing with open enrollment, how talent just seems to roll in from other counties. It would be easier for every school to win if they got the best athletes from other counties. More people at the TSSAA voted for Loudon to move to make the quads even and help with expenses, not just Jody Wright. Some of the best coaches are the ones that can win with the talent they are dealt from their towns, not the ones that have several athletes that "commute" to their schools to play. Great job to the Loudon coaches and players on a great season!! Everything is not about Alcoa

Congrats Tiger8282. Loudon is undefeated and deserving. No disrespect intended.

I think it was a great move for Loudon. $6K is alot. How does that get impacted next year when they basically swing back to where they started?

I think it was a great move for Loudon. $6K is alot. How does that get impacted next year when they basically swing back to where they started?

it wont be has bad because the new region doesn't include Stone Mem. but they'll have to travel to Scott, Pigeon Forge, and Northview. So obviously from a financial perspective not the best for them.

If you figure all sports making those trips not just football it costs a lot.

Edited by automatic