The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

9-0 Oak Ridge @ 8-1 Anderson County

The Below Rankings are provided by M A X P R E P S and have not been updated since Fridays results

National Rankings:

AC: 1017             OR: 706

State Rankings:

AC: 35                 OR: 24

5A Rankings:

AC: 8                   OR: 5

Sonny Moore Power Rankings:

AC: 124.77         OR: 134.28

Power Rankings formula prediction is that OR wins by 7.5pts

Points Scored Overall:

AC: 364 (40) 3AAA Rank: 2nd

OR: 372 (41) 3AAA Rank: 1st

Points Scored in District:

AC: 312 (45) 3AAA Rank: 2nd

OR: 324 (46) 3AAA Rank: 1st

Points Allowed Overall:

AC: 183 (20) 3AAA Rank: 4th

OR: 64 (7) 3AAA Rank: 1st

Points Allowed in District:

AC: 133 (19) 3AAA Rank: 2nd

OR: 64 (9) 3AAA Rank: 1st

Highest Points Scored overall:

AC: 64   OR: 66

Highest Points Scored in District play:

AC: 64   OR: 66

Highest Points Allowed Overall:

AC: 50   OR: 21

Highest Points Allowed in District Play:

AC: 34   OR: 21

Lowest Points Allowed Overall:

AC: 0     OR: 0

Lowest Points Allowed in district play:

AC: 7     OR: 0

Shutouts:

AC: 1     OR: 4

Shutouts in District Play:

AC: 0     OR: 2

Games Scoring 35+

AC: 8     OR: 7

District Games scoring 35+

AC: 7     OR: 6

Games Allowing 14+pts

AC: 7     OR: 2

District Games Allowing 14+pts:

AC: 6     OR: 2

Games Allowing 7+pts:

AC: 8     OR: 5

District Games Allowing 7+points:

AC: 7     OR: 5

Opponents Record:

AC: 36-47 43%  

OR: 33-50 38%

Teams Played that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 4     OR: 3

Teams Defeated that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 3     OR: 3

AC and OR each have 7 common opponents which they both defeated all of them:

Vs. Clinton: AC 35-19, OR 44-21 = OR+7

Vs. Gibbs: AC 35-14, OR 38-21 = AC+4

Vs. Halls: AC 42-16, OR 42-0 = OR+26

Vs. Karns: AC 64-28, OR 62-7 = OR+19

Vs. Powell: AC 42-7, OR 66-0 = OR+31

Vs. Central: AC 59-34, OR 48-7 = OR+16

Vs. Campbell Co.: AC 35-14, OR 24-8 = AC+5

End Result OR+90, Avg. of +13 per game

Vs. Common opponents that have won 50% of their games:

Vs. 6-4 Clinton: OR+7

Vs. 5-4 Gibbs: AC+4

Vs. 7-2 Campbell County: AC+5

End Result: AC+2 Average of .6 per game

Oak Ridge leads series 9-2:

2013 – AC won 19-6

2012 – OR won 33-27 in OT

2011 – OR won 48-20

2010 – OR won 17-14

2009 – OR won 21-9

2002 – AC won 28-19

2001 – OR won 37-34

1990 – OR won 66-0

1989 – OR won 40-7

1988 – OR won 31-0

1987 – OR won 33-0

Coach Gillum is 1-4 against OR since taking over at AC.  Prior to Coach Gillums tenure at AC the Average Margin of victory of OR over AC was 41-8 with 4 of the 6 games played being blowouts and 3 of those 6 being shutouts.  Since then in the 5 games that have been played the average score between the 2 teams has been 25-18 and the average margin of victory for OR being 12 when they are victorious and overall the scoring difference has been 7pts with the series becoming much more competitive excluding the 2011 season.  4 of the last 5 matchups have been decided by an average of 8.5 pts with one overtime game and 1 victory for the Mavs.  Both of the Mavericks wins in the Series have come on the Road at Blankenship.  This years Matchup will determine who will be the 3AAA Champ and could be the first time OR goes 10-0 in 15 years and could also be the first time AC could win back to back district Championships in School History.  The Mavs boast one of the best rushing attacks in the state with defending state rushing leader Matt Fox and a veteran Backfield with Seniors Johnson, Phillips, Fox, Ford and Smith if Healthy.  The Ridgers on the other hand boast the Districts top offense and Defense scoring over 370pts this season while only giving up 64.  The 64 points they have given up is not only the best in 3AAA, but also the best in 5A for TN.  OR has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball with a few D1 prospects with Tee and Middleton.  OR also has what is one of the best weapons you can have in High school Football with a Kicker that can put it in the endzone every time forcing a long field for the opposition as well as being able to hit 40+ yard FG’s when the offense boggs down to still get points out of drives.  Though AC boast a strong running game, the fact that they do not have a dangerous passing game could prove to be detrimental in a game like this.  If AC has poor field position through the night and can not get first downs to get us out of it and milk the clock it could be a tough task against the likes of OR.  With so much on the line and the top 2 defenses and Offenses in the district going head to head in Maverick County I look for this to be a great game.  Should be Hard Hitting, and a lively crowd for this one.  I think it will start out as a defensive struggle but in the end the Ridgers may have too much talent for the Mavs.  Gillum and Company always seem to have a great game plan for these types of games and they have shown to surprise teams more than once in defeating the likes of Clinton when they were 11-0 and more talented than AC, Powell in the same circumstance and almost pulled off the upset at Blankenship 2 seasons ago but lost in overtime so I think AC will have a great game plan.  Going into the season I had OR finishing at 10-0, AC at 8-2, CC at 8-2 and Clinton at 7-3 and so far everything has lined up accordingly.  I think OR is not only the most talented team in the district but is possibly one of the most talented teams in 5A.  I hope I am dead wrong on this one, but in the end I think OR wins a close one Thursday night at AC.  Hope the Mavs make me look like a fool for picking against them and I hope Mr. Williams can get on the OR fans nerves all night with MOOOOOOOO, MOOOOOOO lol.  But my final prediction for the game will be:

AC: 21

OR: 24

Go Mavs and prove me wrong

You don't care what Blade did at Hillsboro or in California right? Do you care that he took Oak Ridge to the semi finals? ???????? What exactly Did he do to you? Let me guess -you had a kid to didn't get the play..

You may be onto something there BladeRanger ... My guess is that you were that Little kid that Gaddis didn't play and here you are probably 40 some years old and still holding a Grudge .... I think Dr. Phil would want you to let it go now , and quit being controlled and consumed by your past ...  :geek:   Analysis free of Charge , any more Psychotherapy and I'll have to start charging you Big Guy ! :mrgreen:

You may be onto something there BladeRanger ... My guess is that you were that Little kid that Gaddis didn't play and here you are probably 40 some years old and still holding a Grudge .... I think Dr. Phil would want you to let it go now , and quit being controlled and consumed by your past ... :geek: Analysis free of Charge , any more Psychotherapy and I'll have to start charging you Big Guy ! :mrgreen:

Hey, Good one there PepVol! How about those kids that were effected by the Pac-Man speech over to University of Tennessee?? Can you say :Turnout for what? Did they send Pac-Man back to jail after that speech? Edited by Ranger7

Are you kidding? You are going up against the best coach in the state.. Maybe even the country.. Maybe even the world.

Like Mav4Life says in his latest tour de force ^^^, it will probably be a talent advantage at a school that has 150 more boys than we have that gets us in the end, not the coaching, as to which I think we have the advantage.

You don't care what Blade did at Hillsboro or in California right? Do you care that he took Oak Ridge to the semi finals? ???????? What exactly Did he do to you? Let me guess -you had a kid to didn't get the play..

You FINALLY get it!!!!!  That's right....I do NOT care what Blade did at Hillsboro no more than I care what Gaddis did at Henry County. I don't care that Blade could beat Maryville while at Hillsboro because that didn't do OR any good and couldn't beat them in six tries while he was here. I thought Blade did a good job while he was here at OR and I loved going to the semis for sure. But he is gone....he isn't here at OR anymore.....read closely bladerunner....Blade is GONE so I don't care what he did before he got here nor do I care what he does after he left here. He didn't do anything to me.....I think he's a good coach who did a good job while here, but now he means no more to me than Lussier, Young, or Stevens.