5A Playoffs After Week 9

mjuhb

Here are my predictions based off those for now, always subject to change...

Upsets abound folks!

First Round

Quad 1

1 South Doyle over 8 Gibbs

5 Tennessee over 4 Morristown West

6 Clinton over 3 Campbell County

2 Anderson County over 7 David Crockett

Quad 2

8 Soddy-Daisy over 1 Oak Ridge

4 Knoxville West over 5 Cleveland

6 Stone Memorial over 3 Ooltewah

2 Rhea County over 7 Knoxville Central

Quad 3

8 Clarksville over 1 Hillsboro

5 Springfield over 5 Beech

6 Gallatin over 3 Lawrence County

2 Shelbyville over 7 Columbia

Quad 4

8 Hamilton over 1 Ridgeway

5 Hardin County over 4 Millington

6 Melrose over 3 Munford

7 Memphis east over 2 Henry County

Round 2

Quad 1

1 South Doyle over 5 Tennessee

6 Clinton over 2 Anderson County

Quad 2

4 Knoxville West over 8 Soddy Daisy

6 Stone Memorial over 2 Rhea County

Quad 3

5 Springfield over 8 Clarksville

2 Shelbyville over 6 Gallatin

Quad 3

8 Hamilton over 5 Hardin County

7 Memphis East over 6 Melrose

Quarterfinals

Quad 1

1 South Doyle over 6 Clinton

Quad 2

4 Knoxville West over 6 Stone Memorial

Quad 3

2 Shelbyville over 5 Springfield

Quad 3

8 Hamilton over 7 Memphis East

Semifinals

1 South Doyle over 4 Knoxville West

2 Shelbyville over 8 Hamilton

Finals/State Championship

1 South Doyle over 2 Shelbyville

State Champions

1 South Doyle Chrokees

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is as of right now....

Hamilton will lose this week, making Clarksville in Q3 go west, and other pieces will fall also....for the most part 6-7 teams in each quad will be correct and seeded correctly, but if I district champion is the one that gets moved to another quad, then the blocks start to tumble.  Will not know for sure until Saturday morning...

There is still a possibility that Lawrence Co goes to Q4. In 2012 both Kenwood and NE went to Q3 and LC went to Q4. If that happens and Melrose beats WhiteStation, then Melrose will be DRP and will move up to 4th seed and bumps all others down - leaving Memphis East as the 8 seed (the only team not DW or DRP).

There is still a possibility that Lawrence Co goes to Q4. In 2012 both Kenwood and NE went to Q3 and LC went to Q4. If that happens and Melrose beats WhiteStation, then Melrose will be DRP and will move up to 4th seed and bumps all others down - leaving Memphis East as the 8 seed (the only team not DW or DRP).

2012, it was easier to send 1 Lawrence Co team, instead of splitting Clarksville that year.  If Clarksville can get 2 schools in, then that is a possibility again, but I don't think that will happen.

It has to be further, driving wise, from Lawrence Co to Memphis, than Clarksville to Memphis....neither is close.

2012, it was easier to send 1 Lawrence Co team, instead of splitting Clarksville that year.  If Clarksville can get 2 schools in, then that is a possibility again, but I don't think that will happen.

It has to be further, driving wise, from Lawrence Co to Memphis, than Clarksville to Memphis....neither is close.

Doesn't matter either way to me - cause HC will have to go through atleast 2 of (Ridgeway, Melrose, East) - but according to Google maps LC is 30 miles closer to Memphis than Clarksville is to Memphis - both a long way for a first round game.

As the bird flies, Lawrence County is closer to Memphis, than either Clarksville  school!

GO BIG RED

I see it playing out like last year. Henry Co and Kenwood going west just like last year. Lawrence Co staying in quad 3. They have gone both ways. Just makes it more even having LC who will be a DW or DRP joining quad 3. Only 3 in quad 3 are guaranteed spots if LC moves. With Springfield becoming a wildcard I see LC staying in quad 3.

I see it playing out like last year. Henry Co and Kenwood going west just like last year. Lawrence Co staying in quad 3. They have gone both ways. Just makes it more even having LC who will be a DW or DRP joining quad 3. Only 3 in quad 3 are guaranteed spots if LC moves. With Springfield becoming a wildcard I see LC staying in quad 3.

Good find. I hadn't notice that from last year, Kenwood  was in Q4 and Clarksville NE and LC was in Q3. But in 2012 NE and KW went to Q3 and LC went to Q4. Not sure what the reasoning is there.

Good find. I hadn't notice that from last year, Kenwood was in Q4 and Clarksville NE and LC was in Q3. But in 2012 NE and KW went to Q3 and LC went to Q4. Not sure what the reasoning is there.

I would say a determining factor this year is the automatic bid. Quad 4 has more than quad 3 so it just makes sense to keep them in quad 3. I would have no problem with them moving to quad 4 but I just don't see that happening this year.

It is my understanding that once the 32 teams are decided, that geography is THE deciding factor in setting the Quadrants.The TSSAA has no business trying to "" even out" quads. If so, then they should be moving teams from the Eas t with perfect or near perfect records to 3 and 4. Of course they won't do that and they shouldn't do it for Quad 3.They must just stick to the rules they made and let the chips fall where they may.

GO BIG RED

It is my understanding that once the 32 teams are decided, that geography is THE deciding factor in setting the Quadrants.The TSSAA has no business trying to "" even out" quads. If so, then they should be moving teams from the Eas t with perfect or near perfect records to 3 and 4. Of course they won't do that and they shouldn't do it for Quad 3.They must just stick to the rules they made and let the chips fall where they may.

GO BIG RED

If that is THE deciding factor then explain why in 2012 Lawrence Co went to quad 4 and The Clarksville schools went to quad 3. Then in 2013 LC went to quad 3 and Kenwood went to quad 4. To my knowledge these schools did not get new campuses. Explain.

I am a Henry Co fan, I don't see HC beating Melrose, East, Ridgeway, Hillsboro, and whoever the East school is....but I hope I am wrong.

Perhaps they don't, but it's hard to bet against a team that knows how to win. Pressure is much higher when you've never been there.

If that is THE deciding factor then explain why in 2012 Lawrence Co went to quad 4 and The Clarksville schools went to quad 3. Then in 2013 LC went to quad 3 and Kenwood went to quad 4. To my knowledge these schools did not get new campuses. Explain.

If that is the rule,then obviously it wasn't followed for whatever reason (should we be surprised by that?) Maybe it isn't the rule but that has been "my understanding" of how it was supposed to be done. Explain to me how it could have happened this way with opposite destinations for Lawrence County in successive years when they are unquestionably closer to Memphis than is any Clarksville school.

Edited by olddevil