5A New Regions....My take !

Woodythewino

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 1: Boone, Crockett, Cocke Co, Morristown East, Morristown West, Sevier Co, South Doyle, Tennessee

Region 2: Campbell Co, Clinton, Gibbs, Halls, Karns, Oak Ridge, Powell, West

Region 3: Cleveland, Farragut, Heritage, Lenoir City, McMinn Co, Ooltewah, Rhea Co, Soddy Daisy, Walker Valley

Region 4: Columbia, Franklin Co, Lavergne, Lincoln Co, Shelbyville, Stewarts Creek, White Co

Region 5: Beech, Gallatin, Glencliff, Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, Station Camp

Region 6: Brentwood, Cane Ridge, Centennial, Hillsboro, Independence, Summit

Region 7: Clarksville, Dickson Co, Henry Co, Northeast, Rossview, West Creek

Region 8: Shelby & Tipton Co

Region 1: Boone, Crockett, Cocke Co, Morristown East, Morristown West, Sevier Co, South Doyle, Tennessee

Region 2: Campbell Co, Clinton, Gibbs, Halls, Karns, Oak Ridge, Powell, West

Region 3: Cleveland, Farragut, Heritage, Lenoir City, McMinn Co, Ooltewah, Rhea Co, Soddy Daisy, Walker Valley

Region 4: Columbia, Franklin Co, Lavergne, Lincoln Co, Shelbyville, Stewarts Creek, White Co

Region 5: Beech, Gallatin, Glencliff, Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, Station Camp

Region 6: Brentwood, Cane Ridge, Centennial, Hillsboro, Independence, Summit

Region 7: Clarksville, Dickson Co, Henry Co, Northeast, Rossview, West Creek

Region 8: Shelby & Tipton Co

This is dang close if not right on.

So does this mean that Boone would play all these teams during the regular season, and drop the normal games against DB, Science Hill, South, etc.?

The way I see it Campbell Co. will probably be in another district and Boone will have 3 out of conference games. You know you've still gotta have the backyard brawl with South and I heard from some Virginia guys that Gate City was dropping their series with a West Virginia team so they could schedule Boone. So, given that who else would you want to play out of conference?

The way I see it Campbell Co. will probably be in another district and Boone will have 3 out of conference games. You know you've still gotta have the backyard brawl with South and I heard from some Virginia guys that Gate City was dropping their series with a West Virginia team so they could schedule Boone. So, given that who else would you want to play out of conference?

Based on the last couple of years, Boone should be scheduling North Greene, Unaka, Unicoi Co, Sisters of the Twisted Poor, etc.

This is how it should be....but probably not how it will be, at least in the east.

Region 1

Cocke County
Daniel Boone
David Crockett
Morristown East
Morristown West
Sevier County
Tennessee High

Region 2

Campbell County

Gibbs
Knoxville Halls

Knoxville West
Powell

South Doyle

Region 3

Clinton

Farragut

Heritage

Karns

Lenoir City

Oak Ridge

I googled the distance from Gibbs, Campbell Co., and South-Doyle to Tenn. High...Gibbs is 4 miles closer then either, CCHS or SDHS. So if you do it by distance then Gibbs would be going to Region 1.

Who the heck knows how the TSSAA will do it?

For other comparisons, Oak Ridge is 11 miles closer to THS than Campbell County. Farragut is 20 miles closer. And Lenoir City High School is about 9 miles closer.

I've got a question that you football guys might be able to answer for me.

Since we mix 5AAA and 6AAA school in the same districts and we crown district champs, why don't we mix 4AAA and 5AAA TEAMS together? I mean for travel purposes it would workout so much better. For example, up north we could have CC, AC, Gap, Scott, Claiborne, union, in the district. It would generate revenue by the crowds and save on travel expenses. Does that make sense ? I know I'm missing something.

I've got a question that you football guys might be able to answer for me.

Since we mix 5AAA and 6AAA school in the same districts and we crown district champs, why don't we mix 4AAA and 5AAA TEAMS together? I mean for travel purposes it would workout so much better. For example, up north we could have CC, AC, Gap, Scott, Claiborne, union, in the district. It would generate revenue by the crowds and save on travel expenses. Does that make sense ? I know I'm missing something.

The problem would be with seeding for the playoffs and determining opponents in the playoffs. The region system we go to next year counts only wins and losses against region opponents for seeding purposes. Then you have a predetermined region that you're pitted against depending on how you place in your own region. With your system we would be getting back to what the majority of coaches didn't like, which was uncertainty about opponents in the playoffs, that wins and losses against every team you play count, and, even worse in their minds, you took into account the records of your opponents' opponents and all kinds of other factors that they didn't like. I'm on record being in favor of the Z plan for a long time but I'm definitely in the minority.

This is how it should be....but probably not how it will be, at least in the east.

Region 1

Cocke County

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Morristown East

Morristown West

Sevier County

Tennessee High

Region 2

Campbell County

Gibbs

Knoxville Halls

Knoxville West

Powell

South Doyle

Region 3

Clinton

Farragut

Heritage

Karns

Lenoir City

Oak Ridge

This is a really nice plan for East TN and I agree it's what's best for travel around Knox Co.  However the reason I think T$$AA will not align this way is the effect it would have on the rest of the state.  By having 3 regions from Knoxville and to the East, then that means that district 4 includes the Chattanooga teams.  Leaving regions 5,6,7 to Mid TN, an area where the 25 teams are spread out through a greater total area and travel is not as easily accessible to more schools.  So dividing Mid TN into 4 regions seems more feasible.  Typically, when T$$AA does realignments, they consider estimated travel time and Interstate access more so than just total mileage for travel. That's why we've seen teams in the past get placed where they have been.  Just my opinion though, and if it were up to me, I'd like to see all the Knoxville teams get to play everyone by splitting into 2 regions.