9-A

ecu

Let me start by saying that Fayetteville City is a GREAT team! FC did not play their best game, and Moore Co played a very patient game tonight at home. They didn't commit stupid turnovers and take bad shots down the stretch. They had a lot of poise and took advantage of the breaks they received. It was by far their best "team effort" of the year. It's been over a month since they have been at full strength between injuries, the flu, etc.... It was nice to have all the key players back and for the most part healthy. I was told that the FC players were great sports and very classy in defeat. Their parents should be proud!!! I tip my hat to the FC team and their coaches.

The word shocked was never used in my post at all.....I was more envious. I am very sorry you interpreted the way you did. I have been around sports long enough to know that 80% of kids do not handle situations like that well......being a "good sport" is a learned skill, therefore someone has to teach it to you. That is why I tipped my hat to the coaches and said the parents should be proud because it's obvious they have learned that skill from the parents and coaches. It was a compliment because they acted in a manner that I would want my own son to act in that situation. FC was 16-0 and had not faced an adverse situation this year.......and they handled it like champs!

Let me start by saying that Fayetteville City is a GREAT team! FC did not play their best game, and Moore Co played a very patient game tonight at home. They didn't commit stupid turnovers and take bad shots down the stretch. They had a lot of poise and took advantage of the breaks they received. It was by far their best "team effort" of the year. It's been over a month since they have been at full strength between injuries, the flu, etc.... It was nice to have all the key players back and for the most part healthy. I was told that the FC players were great sports and very classy in defeat. Their parents should be proud!!! I tip my hat to the FC team and their coaches.

If MC's game plan was to stall the game and maintain possession to eliminate City's speed/ run and gun offense then they worked it to perfection.  Our boys kept their heads through sketchy foul calls (and legitimate ones) and battled back to the end.  The foul called on #30 with around ten or so seconds left when he split the two defenders still has me scratching my head.  It sucks to lose to your neighbor, but this MC/FHS rivalry is growing and gaining steam.  Not only on the court but on the football field.  MC's students were loud and awesome, our school brought a bus full, the gym was packed, SRO, and it's going to get better. This isn't the first time our games have been decided by one or two points!  All in all, I hope this is a wake up call to the FHS boys to gain and keep control of a game, start fast from the beginning, and start this second half of the season with added focus.  I expected a loss this season, just hoped it wouldn't be to Lynchburg High. Lol.

We don't have the luxury of just showing up and putting down a "W" for the game.  They know they have to work for it and expect more effort from themselves to put the Vikings out of the game early.  Hope we are deep into the bench by the middle of the third.  Is Pride as good as #25 Jones from Huntland?  I didn't go to the first meeting in December at Community.

Pride is a great athlete and is a force to be concerned with. According to the Bedford Co paper he has scored 32 pts in each of his last two games, BUT he only scored 4 pts in the game prior to that. It's all in how you defend. Unfortunately basketball is a team sport and it's hard for one superstar to carry a team. I personally would rather have a nice group of solid role players than live or die with one superstar.