Round 1: Oneida Bye Week

crow

Me to. Especially after last night. OnB, we literally started subbing the 2's with about 6:00 to go in the 1st. Played 40 different kids before the end of the 1st quarter. The 2's, & the jv mixed with some 8th graders combined for 28 points & only allowed a 74 yard scoop & score to get Jellico on the board.

Point being is after less than 1 quarter then a bye and getting probably the Boyd / Rockwood winner, we better stay focused which has been a problem a couple of times this year after the "big wins". May need to soak the guys in WD-40 this week.

On another & much more important note. This football season has been successful beyond my highest expectations & I'm thrilled if we never play another snap. We have a team church service after the Thursday pregame practice & this past Thursday 3 players on the team gave their lives to God & accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior! I am one happy fan & a proud member of this community. God is good!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me to. Especially after last night. OnB, we literally started subbing the 2's with about 6:00 to go in the 1st. Played 40 different kids before the end of the 1st quarter. The 2's, & the jv mixed with some 8th graders combined for 28 points & only allowed a 74 yard scoop & score to get Jellico on the board.

Point being is after less than 1 quarter then a bye and getting probably the Boyd / Rockwood winner, we better stay focused which has been a problem a couple of times this year after the "big wins". May need to soak the guys in WD-40 this week.

On another & much more important note. This football season has been successful beyond my highest expectations & I'm thrilled if we never play another snap. We have a team church service after the Thursday pregame practice & this past Thursday 3 players on the team gave their lives to God & accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior! I am one happy fan & a proud member of this community. God is good!

This is great news to hear...God is good and works in all kinds of ways. Kudos to whoever has stepped up to lead this service. Good luck to Oneida.

This is great news to hear...God is good and works in all kinds of ways. Kudos to whoever has stepped up to lead this service. Good luck to Oneida.

The team Chaplain is Mr. Larry Brooks. He's an outstanding Christian man. He volunteers his time & is at every practice serving every role he can from water/ball/towel boy, general support staff & of course his Chaplain role. He is also in the locker room before & after every practice & game. He comes to every game & is on the sidelines as well as travels with the team to & from road games including scrimmages & jamborees. He's available to the boys 24/7. The services often have guest preachers as well. We are truly blessed to have such a fine man of God as part of the support staff. Edited by crow

The team Chaplain is Mr. Larry Brooks. He's an outstanding Christian man. He volunteers his time & is at every practice serving every role he can from water/ball/towel boy, general support staff & of course his Chaplain role. He is also in the locker room before & after every practice & game. He comes to every game & is on the sidelines as well as travels with the team to & from road games including scrimmages & jamborees. He's available to the boys 24/7. The services often have guest preachers as well. We are truly blessed to have such a fine man of God as part of the support staff.

[/quote

Great to hear....every program needs a Mr. Brooks, IMO.

The team Chaplain is Mr. Larry Brooks. He's an outstanding Christian man. He volunteers his time & is at every practice serving every role he can from water/ball/towel boy, general support staff & of course his Chaplain role. He is also in the locker room before & after every practice & game. He comes to every game & is on the sidelines as well as travels with the team to & from road games including scrimmages & jamborees. He's available to the boys 24/7. The services often have guest preachers as well. We are truly blessed to have such a fine man of God as part of the support staff.

[/quote

Great to hear....every program needs a Mr. Brooks, IMO.

I second that jake......What its all about.......

:thumb: