William Blount 2015

Governm

Why can't we just talk about the young men at William Blount working their tails off to be part of something special. Why does it matter what some Blackman parent says they have plenty of problems and we have all moved forward. This thread is for the young man who chosen to turn this program around and we will.

Why can't we just talk about the young men at William Blount working their tails off to be part of something special. Why does it matter what some Blackman parent says they have plenty of problems and we have all moved forward. This thread is for the young man who chosen to turn this program around and we will.

Amen.. I am as excited to see William Blount make the turn around be a powerhouse one day  as I am to see Blackman  season Kick off. But as you know I believe in Coach Shad and will as long as I am breathing. 

Amen. I do not care about silly rumors. I'm just excited to see WB football headed in the right direction.

Amen. I do not care about silly rumors. I'm just excited to see WB football headed in the right direction.

It's not a rumor that there is still an active federal and state investigation going on surrounding the program where Coach Shad recently left.  You can bury your head in the sand and ignore it if you want to, but that doesn't make the investigation any less active.  

As I said, I don't know what person or persons those investigations center around, but they are still very much ongoing, which makes it a relevant story.  

It's not a rumor that there is still an active federal and state investigation going on surrounding the program where Coach Shad recently left.  You can bury your head in the sand and ignore it if you want to, but that doesn't make the investigation any less active.  

As I said, I don't know what person or persons those investigations center around, but they are still very much ongoing, which makes it a relevant story.  

Well then with all due respect as you put it, we should wait for Paul Harvey for the rest of the story ....Right??  I happen to live in Murfreesboro for the last 20 years, have kids in the program, know the booster club members and have talked to them as well as familly of Coach Shads. I unlike you, am not relying on people who have little or nothing to do with the investigation, but are "in the know." Blackman has moved on and is a better place than ever before because much of Shadowens efforts, just as William Blount will be. When this is all over one can set and say I told you so, but for now it is about making these young men their best. The primary's and debates will be on us soon enough. leta save the mudslinging for that. 

Well then with all due respect as you put it, we should wait for Paul Harvey for the rest of the story ....Right??  I happen to live in Murfreesboro for the last 20 years, have kids in the program, know the booster club members and have talked to them as well as familly of Coach Shads. I unlike you, am not relying on people who have little or nothing to do with the investigation, but are "in the know." Blackman has moved on and is a better place than ever before because much of Shadowens efforts, just as William Blount will be. When this is all over one can set and say I told you so, but for now it is about making these young men their best. The primary's and debates will be on us soon enough. leta save the mudslinging for that. 

First of all, it is your assumption that I am to people who have little or nothing to do with the investigation, but as I said believe what you will.  Like I said, we'll know something one way or the other when the investigation is done, but it is still very much an active investigation.  

First of all, it is your assumption that I am to people who have little or nothing to do with the investigation, but as I said believe what you will. Like I said, we'll know something one way or the other when the investigation is done, but it is still very much an active investigation.

The last official thing we heard was the school board had found no wrongdoing on his part when they did their investigation. Furthermore he was never named in the police investigation. They were officially investigating the booster club. Now they may very well be investigating Shadowens too but I'm not going to believe it until I hear it from an official source.

I believe people on here are just trying to stir the pot when they make statements like "from what I'm hearing this isn't going away" or "I hear he'll never coach a game at WB".

First of all, it is your assumption that I am to people who have little or nothing to do with the investigation, but as I said believe what you will.  Like I said, we'll know something one way or the other when the investigation is done, but it is still very much an active investigation.  

In that case since they are so well informed they might want to take a look at the State School Support Organization Accountability Act enforced by the State Comptrollers office that lays out the ground rules for parent volunteer  involvement as well as school employee/coach roles . Here is a little excerpt they might want to read up on...

Q 11. Could the football coach participate in a car wash fundraiser sponsored by the fooball booster club to benefit the team?  A) Yes. If the car wash fundraiser is “sponsored†by the SSO, the football coach could participate in washing cars. However, the coach could not be responsible for supervising the event for the SSO, including any related financial activities. According to the SSOFAA, the coach would be considered a “school representative†in relation to the football team and its booster club. The SSOFAA prohibits a school representative from acting as treasurer or bookkeeper of a school support organization, or from being a signatory on checks. The Act does not prohibit a school representative from taking part in a related school support organization fundraiser, so long as the school representative is not responsible for collecting, counting, or depositing the funds raised

Hard to connect the dots if you can't write the checks, collect, count or deposit monies or be the responsible book keeper. That tells me they might look at the booster club and again would be a hand slap. active or not... 

Edited by Blaze45

Maybe I am mistaken but the papers said that the police department had completed their investigation and had passed on their info to the IRS. All I know is what I read in the papers though. The paper did say they had passed it on to the IRS which makes me think their was nothing criminal and probably nothing even worth investigating. Somebody didn't like Shad and tried their best to catch him in something and couldn't is what it sounds like to me. I have few facts to back my opinion however.

Maybe I am mistaken but the papers said that the police department had completed their investigation and had passed on their info to the IRS. All I know is what I read in the papers though. The paper did say they had passed it on to the IRS which makes me think their was nothing criminal and probably nothing even worth investigating. Somebody didn't like Shad and tried their best to catch him in something and couldn't is what it sounds like to me. I have few facts to back my opinion however.

I believe you are on to the truth or something very close to it