William Blount 2015

Governm

It's over. Govs got the best of Cleveland 4-2. The Govs looked like a completely different team to the one I watched in 2014. They were more physical and played with more energy and effort than I've seen out of a Govs team in years. It was great to see the team hooting and hollering and jumping around after scrimmaging for two hours. I gotta say I'm impressed with what Shadowens is doing. I'm drinking the koolaid.

It's over. Govs got the best of Cleveland 4-2. The Govs looked like a completely different team to the one I watched in 2014. They were more physical and played with more energy and effort than I've seen out of a Govs team in years. It was great to see the team hooting and hollering and jumping around after scrimmaging for two hours. I gotta say I'm impressed with what Shadowens is doing. I'm drinking the koolaid.

You drunk the Koolaide a long time ago buddy.

Barney,

I was very pleased with what I saw yesterday evening. They looked like a completely different team. Nothing like the team that blew a 14-0 lead and gave up 34 unanswered points to a winless Bearden. The defense looked great. They played hard and were swarming the ball and were putting good licks on Cleveland's players. I saw some QB sacks, a bunch of TFL, and we created quite a few turnovers (2 of which resulted in scores).

The offense looked pretty good too but we looked sloppy at times. If there's one main area of concern I would say it is pass protection. It seemed like Cleveland's defense was in our QBs face a lot when we were trying to pass and forced them into some bad throws. But when we had good blocking and the QBs had time to throw they looked pretty good and threw 2 long TD passes.

I know it was just a spring scrimmage but what I saw has me excited for this season. It will be exciting to see how far we have come along when we scrimmage some more teams in the fall. If we can stay healthy and keep up the effort we will turn some heads and surprise people in 2015.