William Blount 2015

Governm

I still wish OR would combine both. The cream is going to rise to the top either way so to say amongst the players if both teams are combined. Depth is achieved when they get up at the HS level or even when both teams are combined quality depth is still achieved either way.

But you wont have as many kids standing on the sidelines. They won't come out if they actually have to work to get playing time....

Gov I will check and see how many freshmen were on the team this year if your game program has a picture of that team in it and we'll revisit this conversation next fall and see who is right and who is wrong. I'm also going to give you another example why it is a bad idea and that is the travel time for these younger kids to come to practice. If a kid is at Carpenters and he is a decent player but he has to now travel to William Blount to practice he might not go out for the team because of it.  If the kid produces in junior high and he comes to high school and is decent someone is going to make sure that kid has a way to get there one way or the other. When your dealing with the two county schools there is a travel time involved in getting kids to practice that the city schools don't. That is one of the other reasons this is a bad idea. To throw your hands up and combine teams is a sign of giving up instead of getting out and getting kids involved is what they need to be doing.  I couldn't imagine the Bears and little Rebs combining teams because their coaches would beat the bushes before caving into something that silly.  I say keep on path with your all's silly strategy for success and see where it gets you two or three years from now. The same place it got Heritage.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Every case and situation is different and has its own issues. OR, wb, and murvil are all gonna do it the way that's best for them at that time.

Many of the area's youth coaches are good guys and coaches who are very underpaid, However, I don't believe any of them can take credit for any of the wins the past 15 years at murvil high. Many of the same youth coaches were coaching back when murvil was missing the playoffs and or losing to hairtage. The high school coaches have changed. Don't underestimate the commitment that MCS has made to the football program at murvil high  - jmo. 

Barney,

I also find it strange that you are critical of all this when you are one of the ones who implied that the county school teams suck because there is no sense of community yet WB is trying to create that again and you think it's a bad thing! Lol All I know is when I go to freshman and JV games and see the middle school team and fairview teams practicing on school grounds I get the impression that all of this stuff is building a community that is more united around WB football,

Barney,

I also find it strange that you are critical of all this when you are one of the ones who implied that the county school teams suck because there is no sense of community yet WB is trying to create that again and you think it's a bad thing! Lol All I know is when I go to freshman and JV games and see the middle school team and fairview teams practicing on school grounds I get the impression that all of this stuff is building a community that is more united around WB football,

That's strange when I go to the JV game I notice eight minute quarters so someone can get home early.