William Blount 2015

Governm

With all the experts on here (including me), I have a question. Does anyone have any experience with how high school kids should balance weightlifting when they play multiple sports. Are the strength and conditioning needs the same/very similar for all sports? For example, should a high school pitcher be lifting weights during feb/march as he is getting ready to start the season? I have heard "press" lifting and bicep stuff should be avoided because the pull exercises are much more important for baseball. Anyone have any thoughts? QB#7? :popcorneater:

I was always told back in my day lifting weights and being a pitcher wasn't a good mix. Can't remember the reason because it was so long ago but I'm sure things have been figured out since then.

With all the experts on here (including me), I have a question. Does anyone have any experience with how high school kids should balance weightlifting when they play multiple sports. Are the strength and conditioning needs the same/very similar for all sports? For example, should a high school pitcher be lifting weights during feb/march as he is getting ready to start the season? I have heard "press" lifting and bicep stuff should be avoided because the pull exercises are much more important for baseball. Anyone have any thoughts? QB#7? :popcorneater:

sx eye down't nose enny speecifficks.....Butt this cat rite hear wuz purtee good at both and haid big ole buy-ceps..... :popcorneater: kc5.png

With all the experts on here (including me), I have a question. Does anyone have any experience with how high school kids should balance weightlifting when they play multiple sports. Are the strength and conditioning needs the same/very similar for all sports? For example, should a high school pitcher be lifting weights during feb/march as he is getting ready to start the season? I have heard "press" lifting and bicep stuff should be avoided because the pull exercises are much more important for baseball. Anyone have any thoughts? QB#7? :popcorneater:

In my day I didn't lif many weights, but that was before the stars 6min ab videos. Did a bunch of 12oz curls though. Probably why I didn't make it further. Weights aren't nearly as bad as you think. Kinda like running distance. I wouldn't do a hard workout the day I'm starting against farragut, or even the day before, but as a whole it will only improve what you're doing in any sport. A guy I talked to today has his guys workout 1 1/2 hours a day year round regardless of what they play, but that is to look good in tommie copper commercials.

Alright I've held my tongue long enough and I've had it. I'm calling you out jake. The whole time I have been here you have taken shots at me and I've let it go for the most part. But I always wondered why you acted the way you act and I finally figured it out over this past spring and summer when I saw you buddying up with QB#7, a guy that clearly hates WB. It's obvious for all to see that your loyalties do not lie with WB when you are thick as thieves with a guy who wants to see WB fail. I have kept my mouth shut and kept this all to myself because I am a live and let live type of guy but you have pushed my buttons 1 too many times. You haven't contributed anything positive to the discussions on WB football on this forum. Atleast 90% of your posts are taking shots at me and govfan18 and sucking up to the maryville posters. I know you will deny all of this but you and me both know it's the truth. In fact that's the biggest reason I haven't gone to any of the liar's club meetings. I cannot sit and buddy up with my enemies and the friends of my enemies. In this case my enemies are those who don't have WB's best interests at heart and that includes you and that QB#7

Dang , does this mean I can't talk or Fraternize with my Son anymore ?? He is a WB grad ... I've been going against the rules for a long time now .... Maybe Gov91 & Bladerumpranger can get together and hash out the Proper etiquette and Rules for everyone to Follow in Dealing with the ENEMY teams ... I think we're not allowed to actually pull for a team also unless our Team bloodlines go back at least 3 generations ???