Gordonsville at Wayne County

TigerTown8412

I think it's gonna be a high scoring game. I don't know if we'll stop WC more than two or three times. We do have a good passing game but everyone around here knows if you take Gordonsville's running game away you shut them down. #27 will be the one to get the 4-5 tough yards. Some Gville teams in the past could line up and see who was tougher but don't know if this team can do that. Hoping Wayne Co. is overlooking us real bad like we overlooked Fayetteville last year and got sent home early if that happens it will be interesting. And to comment on the nice facility topic I never really noticed. Although, we do have a well maintained field with new bleachers and a brand new indoor baseball/softball hitting facility. Can't wait for Friday night

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's gonna be a high scoring game. I don't know if we'll stop WC more than two or three times. We do have a good passing game but everyone around here knows if you take Gordonsville's running game away you shut them down. #27 will be the one to get the 4-5 tough yards. Some Gville teams in the past could line up and see who was tougher but don't know if this team can do that. Hoping Wayne Co. is overlooking us real bad like we overlooked Fayetteville last year and got sent home early if that happens it will be interesting. And to comment on the nice facility topic I never really noticed. Although, we do have a well maintained field with new bleachers and a brand new indoor baseball/softball hitting facility. Can't wait for Friday night

No joking about the facility, it's way above ours. As for overlooking y'all, that won't happen, the coaches started working on this game soon as they found out who we played and Gville will have their full attention until the game ends, win or lose WC coaches spend a tremendous amount of time planning at every position. WC has been really good against the run but the injuries will show up more in the playoffs. Getting our middle linebacker and def end back will help a lot. I can't wait for Friday either!

Sounds like the Wayne Co. bunch has already played this game and worked out how it's gonna go.

I won't lie. I'm worried about stopping the veer.

A team that runs it well and is patient with it is highly dangerous.

We have a couple of good lb's that are tough. They'll be hard to wear down.

As far as our passing game, our QB has a cannon, and we have a good TE and a WR that's playing for his first year.

He's very athletic at about 6'4". He can jump through the roof in basketball.

Granted, that doesn't always translate to football, but it seemed like it was beginning to show later in the year.

#27 and #2 are tough running the ball, but we're going to have to throw the ball to be successful.

We thrown it more than I would've liked, but hopefully we can have a good mix Friday.

I hope Gville comes out with a sense of pride.

It going to have to take some pride and lots of effort to win. Oh yeah, and discipline.

Sounds like the Wayne Co. bunch has already played this game and worked out how it's gonna go.

I won't lie. I'm worried about stopping the veer.

A team that runs it well and is patient with it is highly dangerous.

We have a couple of good lb's that are tough. They'll be hard to wear down.

As far as our passing game, our QB has a cannon, and we have a good TE and a WR that's playing for his first year.

He's very athletic at about 6'4". He can jump through the roof in basketball.

Granted, that doesn't always translate to football, but it seemed like it was beginning to show later in the year.

#27 and #2 are tough running the ball, but we're going to have to throw the ball to be successful.

We thrown it more than I would've liked, but hopefully we can have a good mix Friday.

I hope Gville comes out with a sense of pride.

It going to have to take some pride and lots of effort to win. Oh yeah, and discipline.

A lot of WC success running the ball has come from the lineman zone blocking and getting to the linebackers and the defense having to make quick decisions on who has the ball. WC has had countless plays blown dead because the refs blow the whistle when a back gets tackled that don't have the ball!

Wayne Co. has an excellent backfield as long as their hanging onto the ball. You will not stop them from scoring. To beat WC you have to outscore WC..... Their Defense will not allow that. They have some speed to stop ya, ends are quick. You throw anywhere around Rice on defense and he will either intercept or break it up 75-85% of the time and you can bet his Coach will have him covering your best receiver.

Wayne Co. by 2 TD's. Only thing will stop them is themselves in this one.

Go Wildcats!

Thanks for that, that was a good write up. The coach for G'ville said something that I've been saying all year. P. Rice doesn't pitch the ball. There have been many times he should have pitched the ball. Idk if it's because he doesn't trust the backs to be there or trust himself? His brother Austin was great at knowing when to pitch it or keep it.

Thanks for that, that was a good write up. The coach for G'ville said something that I've been saying all year. P. Rice doesn't pitch the ball. There have been many times he should have pitched the ball. Idk if it's because he doesn't trust the backs to be there or trust himself? His brother Austin was great at knowing when to pitch it or keep it.

What class is P. Rice?  And just how many more of them Rice boys yall got down there? 

Good luck Friday---thats a tough quad---i hope whatever team comes out of quad 3 can give UC a good game