Gordonsville at Wayne County

TigerTown8412

Sounds like the Wayne Co. bunch has already played this game and worked out how it's gonna go.

I won't lie. I'm worried about stopping the veer.

A team that runs it well and is patient with it is highly dangerous.

We have a couple of good lb's that are tough. They'll be hard to wear down.

As far as our passing game, our QB has a cannon, and we have a good TE and a WR that's playing for his first year.

He's very athletic at about 6'4". He can jump through the roof in basketball.

Granted, that doesn't always translate to football, but it seemed like it was beginning to show later in the year.

#27 and #2 are tough running the ball, but we're going to have to throw the ball to be successful.

We thrown it more than I would've liked, but hopefully we can have a good mix Friday.

I hope Gville comes out with a sense of pride.

It going to have to take some pride and lots of effort to win. Oh yeah, and discipline.

We all know the game will be worked out on the field, not on this thread!  I don't think for a minute that WC'S coaches or players and fans as well, are looking past a team like Gville with a great football tradition! I have watched a little film and I have great respect for this Gville team!  From what i've seen, Gville looks like a very good team to me, it will be a battle that I think WC is ready for good luck!  "GO CATS"

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks that you guys aren't 100% as a team for a playoff run.  Still think you could go the semis. I guess nobody's 100% at this point though.

I m sure that's true with most teams. However, if we can get the win Friday and when we meet you guy's again we will be without 71,74,81,10,42 who all started that last time we played.

I m sure that's true with most teams. However, if we can get the win Friday and when we meet you guy's again we will be without 71,74,81,10,42 who all started that last time we played.

That's what I thought - that's way too many to have go down.  We only have 1 starter that we lost to injury.  That's really impressive though that you are 8-2 with all those injuries.  Some young guys deserve recognition for stepping up.

How's the RB doing that moved to the O-line?  That's a team player there.

Edited by NCSdad1962

That's what I thought - that's way too many to have go down.  We only have 1 starter that we lost to injury.  That's really impressive though that you are 8-2 with all those injuries.  Some young guys deserve recognition for stepping up.

How's the RB doing that moved to the O-line?  That's a team player there.

He did a good job. He was forced to the line when 53 had a stress fracture in his leg. 53 did practice this week so the running back should be back to his usual position.

No disrespect to you.The comment you made was the offense was unstoppable and the D wouldnt let them score,and the only way they will be stopped is if they stop themselves,so i was just wondering why 14 points.Thx for the reply.

No disrespect taken, but you seem to be misreading or adding what you think I'm saying.

1. No one has stopped WC's offense all year. Ergo their offense IS unstoppable Until some one Stops It.

2. I did not state WC's defense "wouldn't let them score".... I stated to beat WC you would have to outscore WC and that their D would not let that happen.(unless they beat themselves)

3. To beat themselves is for WC to return to their "fumble bug" problem.

WC would be undefeated if it were not for them fumbling the ball. They fumbled I think 5 times in the Hickman Co. loss and still keep it a close game all 4 qtrs. and only lost by a few points and 3 times in the CA game and only lost by 1 point.....That's what I meant by saying that's the only way So Far this year for WC to lose is to beat themselves.

If you don't follow WC and you don't know their History this season or studied it, I guess you wouldn't have a clue as to what I was meaning.

I'll cut you some slack on the misunderstanding.

As far as the points spread. There was no disrespect At All intended to Gordonsville.... MP (my alma mater) lost to WC by 2 tds... I didn't find that loss disrespectful losing to a well balanced WC team. Just wished they hadn't fixed their fumble bug that game with 0 turnovers... It might have had a different outcome; maybe not.:thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

Can anyone tell me if he has any offers? He has the strength to play at the college level now. Coaches told him to cool it in the weight room for fear he was going to hurt himself.

No official offers but a whole stack of letters, most of the attention is coming from una, that's where he's always said he would like to play. Also, it's close to home and if he's there for four years that will be his brothers four years of high school football.

No official offers but a whole stack of letters, most of the attention is coming from una, that's where he's always said he would like to play. Also, it's close to home and if he's there for four years that will be his brothers four years of high school football.

That would be awesome. I can see him getting some playing time soon.

Good luck tomorrow night 89. If your son goes to UNA remind him to block for Tucker and not tackle him.

I just want to wish all the Gordonsville fans, players and coaches a safe trip tomorrow! Can't wait to have y'all down by the creek, our fans do a lot of screaming and hollering but you won't find a nicer bunch anywhere to talk to! As for eating in waynesboro, it looks like Emeralds on the square will be open, it's a great place to eat and their menu has everything from sandwiches to great steaks, and you won't ever eat a better pizza! Any coach t posters wanna look us up before the game just follow the smoke outside the fence on the visitors side, we will be tailgating around 5, come see us!

Good luck tomorrow night 89. If your son goes to UNA remind him to block for Tucker and not tackle him.

Thanks, we talked to Tucker a few months back, he was helping the coaches with a prospect camp my son attended, he's a fine young man and a heck of an athlete! I still go back and watch those PC vs WC games, especially the three overtime game from 2010!

Thanks, we talked to Tucker a few months back, he was helping the coaches with a prospect camp my son attended, he's a fine young man and a heck of an athlete! I still go back and watch those PC vs WC games, especially the three overtime game from 2010!

Agree. Tucker was one of the best I've seen.