Highest Ranked Team Played:

AC: 151 – 8 – 1

TH: 197 – 9 – 5

Lowest Ranked Team Played:

AC: 9049 – 233 – 45

TH: 10993 – 277 – 56

Teams have 0 common opponents

AC and TH have never met

Tennessee High is coached by second year head coach Mike May who has a regular season record of 13-7 and a post season record of 0-1 as TH head Coach giving him an overall record of 13-8 (62%).  Anderson County is coached by 6th year Head Coach Davey Gillum who has a regular season record of 42-18 and a post season record of 6-5 as AC’s head coach giving him an overall record of 48-23 (68%).  Both Coaches have taken their teams to the Post season in each of their seasons as head coach with AC seeing the quarterfinals 3 of the last 5 seasons and TH visiting the 1st round last season.  AC returns the states leading rusher in Matt Fox who has surpassed the 2,000 yard mark for the second consecutive season.  AC has been without their starting QB the last few weeks, but backup Garrett Johnson who is a tremendous runner showed the ability to be an effective passer as well this past week in the District loss to OR as he threw for over 100 yards and a score.  TH seems to be a mostly run offense but has a very good Dual QB in Christian Gibson who also plays return as well as Safety, at 6’1†175, he runs very good and is not at all afraid to lower his head and run someone over and he will come up and stick you on defense and looks to be a very smart player, reminds me a lot of our Garret Johnson who also boast the #2.  You can watch his highlights here:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719026/christian-gibson

Here is a link to their roster where you can watch some of their Highlight films for their players:

http://www.hudl.com/team/38710/roster

All in all I think this one will be a dog fight, AC is coming off a streatch of losing 2 out of 3 games after starting out 7-0, but in that streatch we have played a very good Catholic team where we just looked horid and it was just a very bad night all around and an OR team which is probably the most overall talented 5A team on this side of the state who plays next to no one on both sides of the ball and has players getting big time D1 offers, that was a very good game and I think our team will benefit form playing that one and playing it close.  Our offense seemed like it is getting back on track with having a backup QB starting just his second game, if we can improve on some of the mistakes and not give up so much field position this week I think we can come away with the win.  If TH is as heavily run oriented as it looks than I think that plays huge for the Mavs Defense as we have showed we are very good against the run so long as our DB’s play smart and our offense does not shoot themselves in the foot with Fumbles and INT’s I think we take this one

AC: 28

TH: 13

Here you go guys:

7-3 Tennessee High @ 8-2 Anderson County:

Rankings prior to Friday Nights games:

National:

AC: 1026             TH: 2165

State:

AC: 36                 TH: 67

5A:

AC: 9                   TH: 13

Power Rankings:

AC: 123.82         TH: 119.86

Power Rankings Formula Prediction:

AC wins x 6pts

Points Scored (avg.):

AC: 380 (38)       TH: 349 (35)

Points Allowed:

AC: 211 (21)       TH: 219 (22)

High Scored:

AC: 64                 TH: 51

Low Scored:

AC: 14                 TH: 13

High Allowed:

AC: 50                 TH: 49

Low Allowed:

AC: 0                   TH: 6

Opponents Records:

AC: 50-50 50%   TH: 54-46 54%

Opponents Average Rankings, National-State-Class:

AC: 4,570 – 122 – 25

TH: 5,658 – 150 – 28

Classification of Opponents:

AC: 1-6A, 7-5A, 1-4A, 1-3A – Avg of 4.8A

TH: 2-6A, 4-5A, 2-4A, 1-3A, 1-2A – Avg of 4.5A

Teams on Schedule over 50%:

AC: 6     TH: 5

Wins over teams over 50%:

AC: 4     TH: 2

Highest Ranked Team Played:

AC: 151 – 8 – 1

TH: 197 – 9 – 5

Lowest Ranked Team Played:

AC: 9049 – 233 – 45

TH: 10993 – 277 – 56

Teams have 0 common opponents

AC and TH have never met

Tennessee High is coached by second year head coach Mike May who has a regular season record of 13-7 and a post season record of 0-1 as TH head Coach giving him an overall record of 13-8 (62%).  Anderson County is coached by 6th year Head Coach Davey Gillum who has a regular season record of 42-18 and a post season record of 6-5 as AC’s head coach giving him an overall record of 48-23 (68%).  Both Coaches have taken their teams to the Post season in each of their seasons as head coach with AC seeing the quarterfinals 3 of the last 5 seasons and TH visiting the 1st round last season.  AC returns the states leading rusher in Matt Fox who has surpassed the 2,000 yard mark for the second consecutive season.  AC has been without their starting QB the last few weeks, but backup Garrett Johnson who is a tremendous runner showed the ability to be an effective passer as well this past week in the District loss to OR as he threw for over 100 yards and a score.  TH seems to be a mostly run offense but has a very good Dual QB in Christian Gibson who also plays return as well as Safety, at 6’1†175, he runs very good and is not at all afraid to lower his head and run someone over and he will come up and stick you on defense and looks to be a very smart player, reminds me a lot of our Garret Johnson who also boast the #2.  You can watch his highlights here:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719026/christian-gibson

Here is a link to their roster where you can watch some of their Highlight films for their players:

http://www.hudl.com/team/38710/roster

All in all I think this one will be a dog fight, AC is coming off a streatch of losing 2 out of 3 games after starting out 7-0, but in that streatch we have played a very good Catholic team where we just looked horid and it was just a very bad night all around and an OR team which is probably the most overall talented 5A team on this side of the state who plays next to no one on both sides of the ball and has players getting big time D1 offers, that was a very good game and I think our team will benefit form playing that one and playing it close.  Our offense seemed like it is getting back on track with having a backup QB starting just his second game, if we can improve on some of the mistakes and not give up so much field position this week I think we can come away with the win.  If TH is as heavily run oriented as it looks than I think that plays huge for the Mavs Defense as we have showed we are very good against the run so long as our DB’s play smart and our offense does not shoot themselves in the foot with Fumbles and INT’s I think we take this one

AC: 28

TH: 13

Mav4 you and SS pretty good predictions so that sounds good and good stats again I guess you get tired of that LOL :)

Edited by Seahawks2014