Carter @ Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

I think Greeneville wins but it'll be closer than everyone thinks. I'll give Greeneville their due that they are a good team, but the opening game should have been won they needed to win. Still they are a better team since then and their record shows it, but from the teams they have beat I don't see anyone of significance. Carter is better than the last 9 games they have played. I think Greeneville wins but based on this win we will see how much of a shot they have against Fulton. I personally don't see anyone beating Fulton in Upper East Tennessee. Of course, I'd love to see Elizabethton, South, or Greeneville beat Fulton but I just don't see it happening.

I'd give Sissy Mountain the edge over carter for sure, but the rest of our schedule has been less than challenging....if we played MoWest again now, i think we mercy rule them, but that's not reality, so no need speculating i guess. One game at a time man, hopefully we get another crack at the blackbirds

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give Sissy Mountain the edge over carter for sure, but the rest of our schedule has been less than challenging....if we played MoWest again now, i think we mercy rule them, but that's not reality, so no need speculating i guess. One game at a time man, hopefully we get another crack at the blackbirds

Yeah I know teams change and who knows, Greeneville could be better than I think.  I want to think they are better and I want an Upper East TN team to bring home the championship.  I think the Greene County games you have been stuck in haven't really challenged you, so you've had to look outside for your big games.  Next year, your big game is South in the conference (who will be down by all indications but indications are BS sometimes) but I think that the quality of opponents are better than what you have faced.  If you still have that killer speed it still won't matter, but you'll have some harder hitting bigger schools at the least.  East gets everyone back, but I have no idea how much better they will be in a year compared to you, but I would put them as being your biggest in conference challenge on paper (keep in mind paper can be burned).  Knoxville... good lord that Conference is going to make some tough teams come out of there whenever it hits playoff time next year.  Things need to change in East TN if these teams want to keep up.  You all have the edge with kids and coaching for sure, no doubt about that, but it's time some of the other teams get their act together and start following suit.

Yeah I know teams change and who knows, Greeneville could be better than I think. I want to think they are better and I want an Upper East TN team to bring home the championship. I think the Greene County games you have been stuck in haven't really challenged you, so you've had to look outside for your big games. Next year, your big game is South in the conference (who will be down by all indications but indications are BS sometimes) but I think that the quality of opponents are better than what you have faced. If you still have that killer speed it still won't matter, but you'll have some harder hitting bigger schools at the least. East gets everyone back, but I have no idea how much better they will be in a year compared to you, but I would put them as being your biggest in conference challenge on paper (keep in mind paper can be burned). Knoxville... good lord that Conference is going to make some tough teams come out of there whenever it hits playoff time next year. Things need to change in East TN if these teams want to keep up. You all have the edge with kids and coaching for sure, no doubt about that, but it's time some of the other teams get their act together and start following suit.

8th grade class coming up is gonna be AMAZING!

Ballards boy is the QB and has the chance to be one of the Best Qbs Greeneville has ever had. He can do it all. Greeneville is gonna be a State Contender year in and year out for years to come. It all starts with the stellar defense this year and then the ground and pound offense and then boom 50 yard td pass!!!!

Edited by DevilMan03

8th grade class coming up is gonna be AMAZING!

Ballards boy is the QB and has the chance to be one of the Best Qbs Greeneville has ever had. He can do it all. Greeneville is gonna be a State Contender year in and year out for years to come. It all starts with the stellar defense this year and then the ground and pound offense and then boom 50 yard td pass!!!!

I'm not doubting you and I think it is a game to be seen.  I know both teams are good, and it's hard to argue against the numbers that Fulton has put up this year.  It'll be an interesting Week 3 game if both teams get it together and make it.  South Greeneville in Week 2 should be a good match up considering how things look to be playing out.

Yeah I know teams change and who knows, Greeneville could be better than I think. I want to think they are better and I want an Upper East TN team to bring home the championship. I think the Greene County games you have been stuck in haven't really challenged you, so you've had to look outside for your big games. Next year, your big game is South in the conference (who will be down by all indications but indications are BS sometimes) but I think that the quality of opponents are better than what you have faced. If you still have that killer speed it still won't matter, but you'll have some harder hitting bigger schools at the least. East gets everyone back, but I have no idea how much better they will be in a year compared to you, but I would put them as being your biggest in conference challenge on paper (keep in mind paper can be burned). Knoxville... good lord that Conference is going to make some tough teams come out of there whenever it hits playoff time next year. Things need to change in East TN if these teams want to keep up. You all have the edge with kids and coaching for sure, no doubt about that, but it's time some of the other teams get their act together and start following suit.

well, obviously it all starts in the weight room, something that i think most high schools have finally figured out. If we can get the "administrators" to let the coaches handle that end of it, football will only get better and better in upper east tennessee. I think the talent has always been here, we just havent had the coaching and you're starting to see better coaching most everywhere. One sad reality in upper east tennessee as im sure it might be in alot of other areas in this region, is that theres a ton of kids that dont get to play football because they have "too much work to do on the farm"....and that's not a jab at anyone, its simply an observation i had never given much if any consideration before yesterday. I was talking to a young man in his teens and judging by his size and build i just assumed he played football SOMEWHERE, so i asked where he played and his quote was " im not allowed to play football, we have too many animals to tend to on the farm "......you can imagine what i was thinking. I do understand the demands of farm living, especially on some of the larger ones, but i just cant imagine telling my son he isnt "allowed" to play football, or any other after school activity that he was interested in....but then again, i dont own a big farm with alot of animals....incidentally, the young man im talking about has about6 brothers and 2 or 3 sisters and they all find time to work the flea markets on the weekend, so im wondering just how big their farm really is

no troll Devilman, we're a man down the rest of the year....details should be out tomorrow sometime.

Devilman and BVD I hate that for this young man I know last year watching Darryl Rollins-Davis on the sideline through the playoffs and in tears the whole Championship game makes you remember that know matter how big or fast or how many TD's they score they are still kids and this is a sucky way to end your season